Eligibility of Unmarried/ divorced/ widowed and dependent real sister of Govt. servant/ pensioners for Family Pension: Agenda Item 47th NC(JCM) Meeting
[Part of the Minutes of the 47th Meeting of National Council (JCM) held on 13th April, 2019 issued by DoPT vide OM No. 3/1/2019- JCA dated 13.06.2019]
6.5 D/o Pension & Pensioners Welfare & D/o Financial Services:
6.5.2 Item No. 21/19/NC-47 – Eligibility of Unmarried/ divorced/ widowed and dependent real sister of Govt. servant/pensioners for Family Pension.
Staff Side stated that government have already included widowed/ divorced/ unmarried and dependent daughters, who have attained 25 years of age, in the definition of family for family pension. Dependent disabled siblings (i.e. real brothers/ sisters) are also now eligible for family pension. Unmarried/ divorced/ widowed dependent real sister of a Government servant / pensioner may also be made eligible for family pension.
Reply of the Official Side :
It was a considered decision of the government to grant family pension to dependent disabled brothers and sisters of Central Government Employees / Pensioners. There are no fresh grounds to reconsider this decision and to extend family pension to all dependent siblings.
The Chairman desired that this may be re-examined
Related to Your Search:
- Inclusion of names of the widowed/ divorced/ unmarried daughter/ parents/ permanently disabled children/ dependent disabled siblings in the PPO
- Eligibility of widowed/divorced daughters for grant of family pension – clarification reg
- Eligibility of Unmarried Daughters of Armed Forces personnel for grant of Family Pension beyond 25 years of Age
- Grant of Fixed Medical Allowance to Widowed/Divorced/Unmarried daughter in receipt of family pension- clarification by Railway Board
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Family Pension by Pensioner Portal
- Eligibility of disabled children for family pension after marriage – Eligibility for two family pensions clarification regarding
- Eligibility of widowed/divorced daughter for grant of Family Pension clarification – Desw Orders dt. 17.11.2017
- Pensioners Portal Orders: Simplification of pension process for permanently disabled children/siblings and dependent patients – instructions reg
- CPAO’s Instructions: Simplification of pension process for permanently disabled children/siblings and dependent parents