Eligibility for selection against 33 1/3% promotion quota of Ticket Examiner/Commercial Clerk in 6th CPC Grade Pay 2000 Level-3
The Secretary (E),
Sub: Eligibility for selection against 33%% promotion quota of Ticket Examiner/Commercial Clerk in 6th CPC Grade Pay 2000/ Level 3 -reg.
Pursuant to the acceptance of 7th CPC recommendation, the Railway Board had issued orders, upgrading the entry Grade Pay of Ticket Examiner to GP 2000/ 7th CPC Pay Level-3 with effect from January, 2016. The replacement Pay Level of Commercial Clerk at entry level is also “3” with effect from January 1,2016.
In terms of extant instructions, those Commercial Staff who are in GP 1800/Pay Level-1 are entitled to appear for selection against 33% promotion quota of Ticket Examiner GP 1900 (6th CPC). With the upgradation of Ticket Examiner entry Grade Pay to Level-3, the Commercial and Operating Staff in Level-2 (6th CPC GP 1900) have been demanding that they should be made eligible to appear for selection to the posts of Ticket Examiner/ Commercial Clerk in GP 2000/Level-3 against promotion quota of 33 1/2%.
NFIR is of the view that the demand of staff (Operating & Commercial) in Pay Level-2 seeking opportunity for promotion against 33%% quota vacancies of Ticket Examiners/Commercial Clerks, Level – 3 (6th CPC GP 2000) is valid, therefore, the extant provision needs to be amended for providing level playing field. It is reported that on some Zonal Railways, those in Level-2 and 1 (Commercial & Operating) are allowed for selection against promotion quota of TE/Commercial Clerk, Level-3.
NFIR therefore urges upon the Railway Board to kindly review the extant provision so as to ensure that those Commercial and Operating Staff in Pay Level-2 are made eligible to appear for selection along with those in Pay Level-l against 33 1/3% promotion quota of Ticket Collector/Commercial Clerk, Pay Level-3 Amended instructions may be issued early and copy endorsed to the Federation.
(Dr. M. Raghavaiah)
Related to Your Search:
- Revision in cadre structure and staffing pattern due to merger of three categories of posts in the Commercial Department over Indian Railways – viz. Ticket Checking (TC), Commercial Clerk (CC), and Enquiry-cum-Reservation-Clerk (ECRC)
- Promotion from GP Rs.1800 (Level-1) to GP Rs.1900 (Level-2) against 33-1/3% quota – Minimum eligibility condition of service for selection
- Promotion from GP Rs.1800 (Level-1) to GP Rs.1900 (Level-2) against 16-2/3% quota – Minimum eligibility Condition of service for selection
- Higher Grade Pay for Railway Commercial clerk, Reservation Clerk and ticket checking staff
- Change in staffing pattern of Assistant Station Mater, GP Rs.2800/- consequent to upgradation of post with that of Station Master, GP Rs.4200/- in view of 7th CPC recommendations
- Filling up 50% of DR Quota vacancies through GDCE – Eligibility to staff in same Grade Pay/Pay Scale: NFIR
- Increasing promotion quota percentage for Technician-III posts in Diesel/ Electric Loco/ EMU Sheds in Indian Railways
- Reduction in the residency period for promotion from Helper (G.P Rs.1800, Level-1, Rs.18000-56900) to Technical-III (G.P.Rs.1900, Level-2, Rs.19900-63200)
- Filling up 50% of DR Quota vacancies through GDCE – Eligibility to staff in same Grade Pay/Pay Scale