ECI Provides Complaint Redressal Mechanism- Call Centre & Web-Based Management During Ongoing Elections
In view of the ongoing elections, the Election Commission of India (ECI) has issued instruction to provide a Complaint Redressal Mechanism in all the five election going states. The main objective of this IT platform is to provide the following:
i. Manage the complaints being received through call centres/telephone/online/fax/ post /paper complaints/in person in an integrated way and a time bound manner.
ii. Inform the complainants about the status of receipt and disposal of complaints.
State wise steps being undertaken by the Commission are as follows:
In Assam :- The complaints are received through (i) toll free number 1950, (ii) online application ‘SAMADHAN’ available at district websites with URL http://election.cloudapp.net/assam-samadhan and at CEO website www.ceoassam.nic.in (iii) Android based mobile application available in Google Play Store as SAMADHAN [ASSAM]. Individual can lodge complaints in physical copies in person/post/fax etc. and can still get SMS or view status of complaints if s/he wishes to.
In Kerala:- e- Pariharam has been lodged in Kerala to facilitate lodging complaints online. Complainants can also visit Akshaya Centres (CSC) and use helpline numbers. Complainants will receive SMS alerts while lodging as well as at the time of disposal of complaints. Photos/videos can be uploaded as part of complaints. The URL of website is: http://e-pariharam.kerala.gov.in
In Tamil Nadu:- In Tamil Nadu, apart from paper, phone, e-mails, online modes of complaint receipt, the complaints are also being received through Facebook, twitter etc. The option for lodging online complaint is available on website of CEO, Tamil Nadu: http://www.elections.tn.gov.in/
In West Bengal:- In West Bengal the IT platform is available at the URL: http://election.cloudapp.net/wb-samadhan . The App is also available in the form of mobile App at Google Play Store: SAMADHAN [WEST BENGAL]. The disposal period of complaints received has been prescribed as 24 hrs in general, and ½ hour on poll day.
In Puducherry:- CEO, Puducherry has established 24×7 helpline call centre with 5 dedicated trunk lines under supervision of an officer of Tehsildar level. Complaints are also being received through SMS, Whatsapp (8903331950), e-mail etc. The online complaints registering mechanism is also available for the use of public.
Through these Complaint Redressal Mechanisms, the Election Commission of India ensures that complaints at all level are properly addressed and timely redressed and the entire election process is made smooth, hassle free, transparent and effective.
Related to Your Search:
- Grant of Paid Holiday to employees on the day of poll – Assemblies of Assam, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, West Bengal, Puducherry 2021 – Election Holiday 2021
- MWCD links Sexual Harassment Complaints Portal ‘SHe-Box’ to central/ state ministries & districts for speedy disposal of cases
- Mention Aadhaar for filing governance-related grievances: Government
- Seventh Pay Commissions report to be implemented ahead of states elections in May
- 7th CPC: Central government employees salary hikes not before June?
- Schedule for the General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Assam, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, West Bengal and Puducherry- Regarding.
- Holidays – Public Holiday – General Elections to Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly 2016 – Declaration of the poll day 16.05.2016 as Public Holiday – Notified
- SHe-Box : Online complaint management system titled Sexual Harassment electronic-Box
- General – Elections from 96 – Putkura Assembly Constituency in the State Legislative Assembly of Odisha and 8 – Vellore Parliamentary Constituency of Tamil Nadu