Ministry of Defence
E-Pension Payment Order: New Step in the Right Direction
14 MAY 2018
Furthering the Digital India-initiatives of Govt. of India, Principal Controller of Defence Accounts(Pensions), Allahabad has startedissuance of electronic-Pension Payment Orders (e-PPOs) to the pensioners along with their Pension Disbursement Agencies viz., Banks, Defence Pension Disbursement Offices, Post Offices, etc. What began in the first phase, for all Commissioned Officers and JCOs/ORs of Armed Forces from the month of October 2017, has now been extended to all defence pensioners including defence civilians.
Principal Controller of Defence Accounts (Pensions), Allahabad is the sole agency under Ministry of Defence which sanctions Pensions for the Defence Services viz., Army, Coast Guard, Defence Research and Development Organization,General Reserve Engineer Force, Border Roads Organization, Military Engineering Services and other Defence organisations including Defence Account Department and Defence Civilians.
The shift from manual system to e-PPO system is expected to minimize delays in pension disbursement and further revision as and when needed. This initiative also eliminates the occurrence of human errors in data entry at multiple levels.
Related to Your Search:
- Defence Pension Adalat in Aizawl on 25th and 26th November,2016
- Defence Pension Adalat on 25th and 26th April, 2013
- Defence Pension Adalat : Pension Adalat on dt 22nd & 23rd November, 2012 at Surjan Auditorium, Garhwal Rifles Regimental Centre, Lansdowne
- Defence Pension Adalat at Jamshedpur on 29th and 30 th October, 2013
- Defence Pension Adalat held at Lucknow during the month of Aug 12
- Defence Pension Adalat on 23rd & 24th August, 2012 at Surya Auditorium, Lucknow
- Defence Pension Adalat at Thiruvananthapuram – Controller of Defence Accounts – Chennai
- ATTENTION : Pre-2006 Defence Civilian Pensioners / Family Pensioners
- Incorrect/Wrong practice being followed by banks in payment of Defence Pension on e-PPOs