DoPT’s instructions for strict compliance regarding age relaxation for appointment of widows, divorced woman and woman judicially separated from their husbands
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel and Training)
North Block, New Delhi – 110001
Subject:- Action Taken on 62nd Report of the Department Related Parliamentary Standing Committee on Personnel, Public Grievances, Law and Justice on the Status of Women Government Employees, Service Conditions, Protection against exploitation, Incentives and other related issues -regarding.
The undersigned is directed to refer to Para 20.1 and Para 20.2 of the 62nd Report of the Department Related Parliamentary Standing Committee on Personnel, Public Grievances, Law and Justice wherein, the Committee has drawn attention to extant instructions of the Government on age relaxation for appointment of widows, divorced woman and woman judicially separated from their husbands and who were not remarried allowing age concession up to the age of 35 years (40 years for member of SCs/STs) for the post of Group ‘C’and erstwhile Group ‘D’ filled through SSC/Employment Exchange and has directed scrupulous compliance of these instructions by all administrative authorities.
2. The Department of Personnel and Training’s O.M. No. 15012/13/79- Estt.(D) dated 19.1.1980 provides that for purposes of appointment to Group C and D posts under the Central Govt. filled through the SSC and the Employment Exchange, the upper age limit in the case of widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands who are not remarried shall be relaxed upto the age of 35 years (upto 40 years for members of Scheduled Castes/Schedules Tribes) by invoking the provisions in the relevant recruitment rules, subject to production of a certified copy of the judgement/decree of the appropriate court to prove the fact of divorce or the judicial separation, as the case may be (provided through DoP&T O.M. No. 15012/1/82-Estt.(D) dated 06.09.1983) . Further, this relaxation has been extended to Group ‘A’ & ‘B’ posts except where recruitment is made through open competitive examination vide DoP&T O.M. No. 15012/1/87-Estt.(D) dated 05.10.1990.
3. All Ministries/Departments are requested to bring these instructions to the notice of all concerned including attached and subordinate offices for strict compliance.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of lndia
Related to Your Search:
- Age Relaxation in Job
- No proposal to raise age limit for single women in central government jobs: Centre
- Employment of women and girls in Government organisations/Agencies
- Employment of Women in Indian Railways – PIB
- Implementation of leave provision under the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition & Redressal) Act, 2013 — Reg.
- Paid leave for sexual harassment victims
- Procedure of applying for General Pool Residential Accommodation under Ladies Pool
- Statement to be made by the Minister in every six months regarding status of implementation of recommendations contained in the Reports of the Department Related Parliamentary Standing Committee on Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions on Demands for Grants
- Prevention of Sexual Harassment of working women at workplace – Seniority of the Chairperson of the Complaint Committee – regarding.