DOPT prohibit the Government Employees from participating in any form of strike
DOPT prohibit the Government servants from participating in any form of strike
Strike Notice for 16th March, 2017 – Instructions under CCS (Conduct Rules) 1964
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel. P.G. & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block. New Delhi.
Dated the 15th March 2017
Subject : Strike Notice for 16th March, 2017 – Instructions under CCS (Conduct Rules) 1964 – Regarding.
It has been brought to the notice of the Government that Confederation of Central Government Employees and Workers. New Delhi has given a notice that the members of the affiliates of the Confederation will go on strike on 16th March, 2017 in pursuance of their 7th Central Pay Commission Demands
2. The instructions issued by the Department of Personnel and Training prohibit the Government servants from participating in any form of strike including mass casual leave, go slow etc, or any or any action that abet any form of strike in violation of Rule 7 of the CCS (Conduct) Rules. 1964. Besides, in accordance with the proviso to Rule 17(1) of the Fundamental Rules, pays and allowances is not admissible to an employee for his absence from duty without any authority. As to the concomitant rights of an Association after it is formed, they cannot be different from the rights which can be claimed by the individual members of which the Association is composed. It follows that the right to form an Association does not include any guaranteed right to strike. There is no statutory provision empowering the employees to go on strike. The Supreme Court has also ruled in several judgments that going on a strike is a gravy misconduct under the Conduct Rules and that misconduct by the government employees is required to be dealt with in accordance with the law. Any employee going on strike in any form would face the consequences which. besides deduction of wages. may also include appropriate disciplinary action. Attention of all employees of this Department is also drawn to this Department’s O.M. No. 33012/I/(s)/2008-Estt.(B) dated 12.9 2008. on the subject for strict compliance.
3. All officers are requested that the above instructions may be brought to the notice of the employees working under their control. All officers are also requested not to sanction Casual Leave or other kind of leave to the officers and employees if applied for, during the period of proposed strike. and ensure that the willing employees are allowed hindrance free entry into the office premises.
4. In case employees go on strike all divisional heads are requested to forward a report indicating the number and details of employees who are absent from duty on the day of strike i.e.16.03.2017
Deputy Secretary to the Govt. of India
Related to Your Search:
- DoPT Prohibit the Central Government Employees from participating in any form of strike in violation of Rule 7 of the CCS (Conduct) Rules, 1964
- Dharna Notice for 19th September 2017 and 17th October 2017 – Instructions under CCS (Conduct Rules) 1964
- Central Government employees proposed protesting against the National Pension Scheme (NPS) and to demand hike in Minimum pay and fitment factor under the 7th CPC – CCS (Conduct) Rules Instructions – DoPT Order
- DoPT: All India Protest Day for 26th November, 2018 – Instructions under CCS (Conduct Rules), 1964
- Nationwide protest by Central Government employees against National Pension Scheme (NPS) on 13.03.2019 : DoPT Order
- DoPT: All India Protest Day for 19th September, 2018 – Instructions under CCS (Conduct Rules) 1964
- Latest DoPT Orders 2020 – All India Strike proposed on January 8, 2020 – Instructions under CCS (Conduct Rules), 1964
- DoPT Order 2019 – All India Strike on 8th and 9th January, 2019 – Instructions under CCS (Conduct) Rules, 1964
- Notice for strike by the Confederation of Central Government Employees and Workers on 12th and 13th February, 2014 – Dopt Orders