DOPT ORDERS – Notification for amendment of clause (2) of FR 29
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
New Delhi, the 10th December, 2013
Sub: Notification for amendment of clause (2) of FR 29
The undersigned is directed to say that the FR 29(2) provided that if a Government servant is reduced as a measure of penalty to a lower service, grade or post or to a lower time scale, the authority ordering the reduction may or may not specify, the period for which the reduction shall be effective. The Rule 11(vi) of the CCS (CCA) Rules, 1965 relating to this penalty was earlier amended vide the Notification No. F.11012/2/2005-Estt (A) dated the 2nd February, 2010. Vide the Notification No.G.S.R. 263 dated 27th October, 2013 published in the Gazette of India the FR 29(2) has now been amended, in line with the amended CCS (CCA) Rules, 1965, as follows:
“(2) If a Government servant is reduced as a measure of penalty to a lower service, grade or post or to a lower scale, the authority ordering the reduction shall specify —
(a) the period for which the reduction shall be effective; and
(b) whether, on restoration, the period of reduction shall operate to postpone future increments and, if so, to what extent.
(3) The Government servant shall regain his original seniority in the higher service, grade or post on his restoration to the service, grade or post from which he was reduced”.
2. All the Ministries / Departments are requested to bring the contents of the afore mentioned amendment to the notice of all concerned for information and compliance.
3. Any existing provisions in Disciplinary Rules not in consonance with the above may be amended so that they are not in conflict with the Fundamental Rules.
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India
Source : www.persmin.gov.in
Related to Your Search:
- Amendment of Rules on Imposing Penalty on Central Government Employees
- Amendment in Fundamental Rules, 2014 – DoPT Notification on 2.1.2015
- Dopt Orders – Fundamental (Amendment) Rules, 2013
- Dopt Orders: Regulation of pay on imposition of a penalty under CCS (CCA) Rules, 1965
- Regulation of pay on imposition of a penalty under CCS (CCA) Rules, 1965
- DoPT: Regulation of pay on imposition of a penalty under CCS (CCA) Rules, 1965
- Penalty Proceedings against Central Government Employees
- Railway Board Orders – Determination of date of increment after expiry of duration of penalties of withholding of increments/reduction to lower stage imposed for less than a year regarding
- BPMS – Notional pay fixation after currency of Minor penalty is over in case of ACP / MACP