DoPT Order 2019 – All India Strike on 8th and 9th January, 2019 – Instructions under CCS (Conduct) Rules, 1964
No.450 18/ 1 /20 17-Vig.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, P.G. & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi,
Dated the 08th January, 2019
Subject: All India strike for 08th and 9th January, 2019 – Instructions under CCS (Conduct Rules), 1964 – Regarding.
It has been brought to the notice of the Confederation of Central Government Employees and workers has decided to observe two day strike on 8th and 9th January, 2019 to protest against NPS and certain 7th CPC issues.
2. The instructions issued by the Department of Personnel and Training prohibit the Government servants from participating in any form of strike including mass casual leave, go slow etc. or any action that abet any form of strike/protest in violation of Rule 7 of the CCS (Conduct) Rules, 1964. Besides, in accordance with the proviso to Rule 17(1) of the Fundamental Rules, pay and allowances is not admissible to an employee for his absence from duty without any authority. As to the concomitant rights of an Association after it is formed, they cannot be different from the rights which can be claimed by the individual members of which the Association is composed. It follows that the right to form an Association does not include any guaranteed right to strike/protest.
There is no statutory provision empowering the employees to go on strike. The Supreme Court has also agreed in several judgments that going on a strike is a grave misconduct under the Conduct Rules and that misconduct by the Government employees is required to be dealt with in accordance with law. Any employee going on strike in any form would face the consequences which, besides deduction of wages, may also include appropriate disciplinary action. Kind attention of all employees of this Department is also drawn to this Department’s O.M. No.330 12/ I/(s)/2008- Estt.(B) dated 12.9.2008, on the subject for strict compliance (enclosed as Annexure-A).
3. All officers are requested that the above instructions may be brought to the notice of the employees working under their control. All officers are also requested not to sanction Casual Leave or any other kind of leave to the officers and employees, if applied for, during the period of proposed strike, and ensure that the willing employees are allowed hindrance free entry into the office premises.
4. In case employees go on strike, all Divisional Heads are requested to forward a report indicating the number and details of employees, who are absent from duty on the day of strike i.e., 08.01.2019 and 09.01.2019.
Deputy Secretary to the Govt. of India
EO&A S/ A S(S& V)/J S(Vig.)/ J S(Trg.)/J S(E)/Secretary( PESB)/PS to M OS(P P)/PSO to Secretary(P)
All Officers/Sections (including PESB) of Department of Personnel & Training.
Copy also forwarded for necessary action to:
1. Secretary, Central Vigilance Commission, New Delhi.
2. Secretary, Union Public Service Commission, New Delhi.
3. Secretary, Staff Selection Commission, New Delhi.
4. Secretary, Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances, New Delhi.
5. Secretary, Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare, New Delhi.
6. Director, Institute of Secretariat Training and Management, New Delhi.
7. The Chief Security Officer, MHA, North Block.
8. The Commandant, CISF with the request to ensure strict vigil on all the gates and if necessary deploy extra security personnel for the purpose.
Related to Your Search:
- Latest DoPT Orders 2020 – All India Strike proposed on January 8, 2020 – Instructions under CCS (Conduct Rules), 1964
- DOPT prohibit the Central Government Employees from participating in any form of strike
- DoPT Prohibit the Central Government Employees from participating in any form of strike in violation of Rule 7 of the CCS (Conduct) Rules, 1964
- DoPT: All India Protest Day for 26th November, 2018 – Instructions under CCS (Conduct Rules), 1964
- DoPT: All India Protest Day for 19th September, 2018 – Instructions under CCS (Conduct Rules) 1964
- Dharna Notice for 19th September 2017 and 17th October 2017 – Instructions under CCS (Conduct Rules) 1964
- Central Government employees proposed protesting against the National Pension Scheme (NPS) and to demand hike in Minimum pay and fitment factor under the 7th CPC – CCS (Conduct) Rules Instructions – DoPT Order
- Nationwide protest by Central Government employees against National Pension Scheme (NPS) on 13.03.2019 : DoPT Order
- Filing of Immoveable Property Returns under Rule 16(2) of AIS(Conduct) Rules, 1968