DoPT Orders 2019: Intimation of vacancies in Under Secretary Grade of CSS
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
2nd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhavan,
Khan Market, New Delhi-3
Dated 15th April, 2019.
Subject: Intimation of vacancies in Under Secretary Grade of CSS
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Departments’ O.M. of even number dated 04.02.2019 whereby transfer order of 143 Under Secretaries (adhoc) who were initially promoted on “as is where is basis” was issued. So far around 23 officers have not reported to their respective Ministries/Departments where they were ordered to be posted.
2. Meanwhile, preparation is under way for the next round of adhoc promotions in Under Secretary grade. For this, this Department is required to assess the vacancies. Few Ministries/Departments have been reporting vacancies taking into account the current vacancies as well as the vacancies against which Under Secretaries have not reported for duty so far as mentioned in para 1 above. It is clarified that this Department has not cancelled the transfer order of any officers who are yet to join their respective Ministries/ Departments. Therefore, the vacancies remaining unfilled in Ministries/ Departments due to non joining of these officers cannot be filled up by a new incumbent. Simultaneously, the Ministries/Departments from where the officers are yet to be relieved may not adjust them against any subsequent vacancies which have now arisen.
3. All the Ministries/ Departments are requested to account for only those vacancies which have occurred in Under Secretary Grade after 04.02.2019 due to promotion to next higher grade, deputation, retirement etc. and intimate the same to this Department to enable us to fill them up in the fresh exercise of promotion.
(Sanjay Kumar Das Gupta)
Under Secretary to the Government of India
All Ministries/ Departments of Govt. of India
(through website of DOPT)
Related to Your Search:
- DoPT Deemed relieving order 2019 Rotational Transfer of Under Secretaries of CSS
- Seeking option from promoted Under Secretaries (adhoc) under Rotational Transfer Policy
- Implementation of orders relating to promotion of officers in various grades in CSS – DoPT
- Adhoc: Under Secretaries working on adhoc basis – Extension of period for one year beyond 31.05.2013
- Promotion of Section Officers of the CSS to Grade I (Under Secretary) of the CSS on ad hoc basis
- Posting of Direct Recruit Assistant Section Officers in CSS
- Vacancies of Stenographer Grade ‘D’ of CSSS – Dopt orders on 28.1.2016
- Posting of regular USs and posting on promotion to US grade on adhoc basis – seeking options
- Posting of regular Under Secretary and posting on promotion to the grade of Under Secretary on ad hoc basis seeking options