Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
(Directorate of Postal Life Insurance)
Chanakyapuri P.O. Complex, New Delhi-110021
Dated : 19.06.2020
- All Heads of Circles
- Addl DG APS
- Director, RAKNPA/GM, CEPT
- All Regional PMsG
- All Directors PTCs
Subject: New Promotional and Incentive Structure of PLI / RPLI
The promotional (sales) structure and incentive structure of PLI/RPLI was last revised in August 2016 & April 2017 respectively. However, most of Circles had raised concerns in the implementation of the revised promotional structure.
2. In view of the concerns raised by Circles in implementing the promotional structure, low growth in procurement of new PLI/ RPIA business and decreasing trend in net accretion of PLI/ RPLI premia, the existing sales structure of PLI/ RPLI has been revamped based on the feedback received from the Circles.
3. The new promotional and incentive structure of PLI/ RPLI is enclosed as Annexure-I to Annexure-VI.
4. The new promotional and incentive structure of PLI/ RPLI will be effective from 01.07.2020.
Chief General Manager (PLI)
New Promotional (Sales) Structure of PLI/ RPLI
Salient features of new promotional structure:
- The post of Group Leader has been rechristened as Development Officer.
- Each Postal Division will have one Development Officer. The responsibility of these Development Officers will be to take the charge of their Postal Division for development of PLI /RPLI business. Their responsibilities include marketing of PLI /RPLI business, meeting prospective clients, training and nurturing of Direct Agents in the Division and procuring PLI/ RPLI business through Direct Agents.
- Sales force of PLI and RPLI comprise of Direct Agents, Gramin Dak Sevaks, Field Officers and Departmental Employees.
- For procuring PLI /RPLI business, Departmental employees will also include Inspector of Posts (IP) and Assistant Superintendent of Post Offices (ASP).
- Sales force of PLI/ RPLI can procure business from anywhere in the Postal Division. However, in exceptional circumstances, the sales force can procure PLI /RPLI business from outside the Postal Division with the permission of concerned ADM/ DDM (PLI) at Regional/ Circle Office level. In such cases, the PLI/RPLI policy will be indexed at the CPC where the insurant resides.
Selection and duties of Development Officer
- Every Postal Division will have one post of Development Officer, who will perform exclusively and only PLI/RPLI related work.
- The existing post of Group Leader will be re-designated as Development Officer.
- Presently, there are 185 sanctioned posts of Development Officers in Circles. The remaining posts of Development Officers in a Circle will be manned by diversion of the existing posts of PA Circle Office Cadre meant for PLI related work to Postal Divisions, failing which one of the posts of PA cadre in the sanctioned strength of the Postal Division will be earmarked for Development Officer. In the case of post of Development Officer being earmarked from the sanctioned strength of the Postal Division, their salary and other related costs will be borne from PLI/ RPLI fund.
- The Development Officer will be a part of the Divisional Office. DO will report to the Divisional Head and will assist Divisional Head in achievement of business targets and after sales related issues of PLI /RPLI.
- APAR of DO will be written by the Divisional Head. Leave and TA / DA of DO will be sanctioned by the Divisional Heads.
Related to Your Search:
- New Promotional and Incentive Structure of PLI / RPLI – Department of Posts
- Promotional and Incentive Structure of PLI / RPLI – Clarification in respect of sales force
- Postal Life Insurance Policy
- Grant of benefit of pay fixation at time of promotion to Inspector posts
- Discontinuation of execution of bond for direct recruit candidates as provided under Appendix 21 of P&T Manual IV
- Amendment to procedural rule in POSB (CBS) Manual / POSB Manual Volume – DoP
- Revision of acceptance limits for PLI RPLI plans & claims resolution – DoP
- India Post Payment Bank – Release of Incentive amounts for the L0, L1 and L2 from 18th August, 2018 till 30th April, 2019.
- PREMIUM PAYMENT PERIOD FOR POSTAL LIFE INSURANCE & RURAL POSTAL LIFE INSURANCE EXTENDED UPTO 30TH APRIL 2020