File No. Z-92011/25/ 2020 – Coord./O and M
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi – 110 001
Dated 15th July, 2020.
All Chief Postmasters General/ Director, RAKNPA
Subject: Preventive measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 – Guidelines for protection and safety of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan) during COVID-19 reg.
Please find enclosed herewith a copy of Department of Personnel and Training OM No. 11013/9/2014- Estt (A.III) dated 27.03.2020 (copy enclosed) on the above mentioned subject vide which it is mentioned that “all the concerned Ministries/ Departments, while drawing up roaster of staff who are required to attend essential services within their respective Ministry/ Department may keep in mind that employees, who are persons with disabilities (PwD) / Divyangjan are exempted.”
2. It is, therefore, requested that the ibid OM should be referred while dealing with the cases of exemption of duty of persons with disabilities (PwD) / Divyangjan employees during COVID-19 pandemic.
Encl: As above.
(Ramesh Chand Meena)
Assistant Director General (GA/ Admin)
Related to Your Search:
- Constitution of a Committee in the Department of Posts to identify GDS posts suitable for benchmark feasibility prescribed in Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016
- Exemption of Employees with Disabilities from roster duty due to COVID-19 situation
- Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (PRwD Act, 2016)
- Ex-gratia payment to the families of Railway employees who caught Covid-19 infection in the course of performing duties, hospitalized and unfortunately passed away
- Rs.50 lakh compensation announced in cases of loss of life from COVID-19 to Port staff / workers
- Compensation of Rs.10 lakhs to Postal Employees to cover death due to COVID-19
- Compensation of Rs.10 lakhs to all postal & GDS employees – Death cases due to COVID-19
- Incorporation of Aadhaar Seeding provision in common/ modified Account Opening Form to be used in National Savings Schemes for CBS and non CBS Post Offices
- Eligibility of applicants with disabilities to appear for inspector post in the LDCE