Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Abolition of Posts
07 MAR 2018
The Department of Expenditure in its consolidated compendium of instructions/ guidelines dated 12.04.2017 directed all the Ministries/Departments to abolish all the posts which are lying vacant for more than five years and submit a report. At the same time, Department of Expenditure has also decided that now vacant posts would fall under deemed abolished category after a period of two/three years against earlier norm of one year subject to laid down conditions. Deemed abolished posts can be got revived from Department of Expenditure subject to fulfilling of stipulated conditions.
This was stated by the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr. Jitendra Singh in written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Clarification on abolition of posts lying vacant for more than five years: Confederation
- Group-wise estimated number of vacant posts of regular Central Government Civilian Employees as on 01.03.2012
- Number of vacancies in the Central Government Services
- Centre decided to abolish 90% of the posts in the grade of UDC as and when these fall vacant, in future
- Over 6 Lakh Vacant Posts in Central Government Departments
- Finmin Orders : Restriction on new post under economy measures
- Abolition of 85% post falling vacant meant for direct recruitment in the grade of JSA(erstwhile LDC)
- Abolition of 85% posts in the grade of LDC
- Shortages of Employees in Government Departments