Documents for Motor Vehicle extended until December of this year 2020
The Road Transport and Carriage Ministry has agreed to extend the validity by December 2020 of the 1989 Motor Vehicles Act, Central Motor Vehicle Rules and of the 1989 Regulations to the 31st of the year for fitness, licenses, registration or other documents. The Minister of Motor Vehicles, 1988, and Central Motor Vehicle Rules, 1989 had released an announcement earlier on 30 March and 9 June of this year concerning extension of validity of the law. The validity of the health, license (all types), licence, registration or any other document (s) concerned can, until 30 September 2020, be considered as legitimate.
In light of the continued validity of all the aforementioned documents whose extension of validity could not or would not be extended due to a lock down and which expired from 1 February 2020 or would expire by 31 December 2020, the same may be viewed as a preventive measure for COVID-19 spread throughout the world. It was recommended to manage the documents valid until 31st December 2020 by the compliance authorities.
This measure is likely to benefit the people in the provision of transport related services by the Minister of Transport and Highways.
Input from PIB
Related to Your Search:
- Gazette Notification: Minimum educational qualification for Motor vehicle inspector and Assistant Motor vehicle inspector
- GST: Cabinet approves promulgation of the Goods and Services Tax (Compensation to States) Ordinance, 2017
- GST Council Recommends Increase in Maximum Ceiling of Cess Leviable on Motor Vehicles Falling Under Headings 8702 and 8703 to 25% Instead of Present 15%
- Closing of Central Government offices across the country till 31.03.2020 to stop spreading COVID-19 virus – CONFEDERATION
- Relaxation in CCS Leave rules 1972 for central government employees – COVID19 – Latest DoPT Orders 2020
- Extension of date of Validity of 16KB ECHS Cards
- Central government employees to file assets details by December 31
- Exemption from submission of summary of the Medical Report in respect of AIS officers for the PAR period 2019-2020
- COVID-19 Vaccination for Central Government employees