Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana – Indira Gandhi National Disability Pension Scheme
Disabled Persons Receiving Pension and Ex-Gratia
01 DEC 2021
The Government had announced Rs 1.70 lakh crore relief package under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana (PMGKY) on 26.03.2020 for the poor to help them fight the battle against Corona Virus. One of the components of said package was to provide ex-gratia of Rs.1000 in two installments (Rs.500/- each) to the existing old age, widow and disabled/ Divyangjan beneficiaries of the schemes of National Social Assistance Programme (NSAP). A total of Rs.2814.50 crore as ex-gratia was released to States/UTs in two tranches in April, 2020 and May, 2020 under PMGKY for the 282 lakh beneficiaries of NSAP schemes. This included release of Rs.77.34 crore to 7.73 lakh disabled beneficiaries of Indira Gandhi National Disability Pension Scheme (IGNDPS).
State/UT-wise details of beneficiaries currently covered under the Indira Gandhi National Disability Pension Scheme (IGNDPS) are at Annexure.
Also check: PM CARES for Children Scheme 2021 – DoP
As per the NSAP guidelines, persons aged between 18-79 years with severe and multiple disabilities and belonging to families living below poverty line are covered under IGNDPS.
|29||Andaman &Nicobar Islands||2|
|31||Dadra &Nagar Haveli and Daman &Diu||254|
|32||National Capital Territory Delhi||6321|
|33||Jammu and Kashmir||2426|
This information was given by Union Minister of State for Rural Development Ms Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti in a written reply in Lok Sabha yesterday.
Related to Your Search:
- Details of the pension schemes being run by the Central Government
- List of state-wise and gender-wise number of persons with disabilities…
- Government all set to launch special colour coded Aadhaar card for disabled
- Extension of EPF contribution 24% – Cabinet approves the proposal to extend the EPF contribution 24% for another three months from June to August 2020 under PMGKY/ AATMANIRBHAR BHARAT
- More than 61 lakh beneficiaries enrolled under Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana during the last two years till date
- One lakh benefitted under PMJAY health insurance scheme in one month of its launch
- Disbursement of Old Age, Disability and Widow Pensions
- 30,85,205 Persons Enrolled in Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan PM-SYM as on July 10, 2019
- Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana – Gramin Government on course to achieve targets under Rural Housing Programme (PMAY-G)