Dearness Allowance: President approves payment of 2 per cent DA from July 1
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee has given his approval to payment of a 2 per cent Dearness Allowance (DA) to central government employees. DoPT Official Order
The move will benefit about 50.68 lakh employees and 54.24 lakh pensioners.
The decision to provide 2 per cent DA on basic pay was earlier approved by the Union Cabinet and will be applicable from July 1.
The DA will result in an annual burden of Rs 5,622.10 crore.
Consequent upon the decision taken by the government on recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission relating to DA, the President is pleased to decide that the DA to all categories of the central government employees shall be admissible at the rate of 2 per cent of basic pay per month, w.e.f 1.7.2016, the Finance Ministry OM said.
The revised pay structure, effective January 1, 2016, includes the DA of 125 per cent sanctioned from that date in the pre-revised pay structure.
Thus, DA in the revised pay structure is zero from January 1, 2016.
The ministry further said till a final decision on allowances is taken based on recommendations of the committee constituted under the chairmanship of the finance secretary and the expenditure secretary, “all allowances will continue to be paid at existing rates”.
The DA will continue to be a distinct element of remuneration…, it added.
The ministry further said the orders will also apply to the civilian employees paid from the Defence Services Estimates.
In respect of armed forces personnel and railway employees, separate orders will be issued by the Ministry of Defence and Ministry of Railways, respectively, it said.
Related to Your Search:
- Recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission – Decision of Government relating to grant of Dearness Allowance to Central Government employees – Rates effective from 1.7.2016
- DA News : Decision on hiking dearness allowance deferred
- Central Government likely to approve 7% additional DA
- Revision of rates of Non-Practicing Allowance (NPA) in respect of Veterinary posts on the basis of the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission
- Dearness Allowance Calculation in 7th CPC Gazette Notification
- Recommendations of 7th CPC – Grant of Non-Practising Allowance (NPA) at revised rates to IRMS Officers
- 7th Pay Commission: Resentment Over Non-Payment Of Arrears On Allowances
- 7th Pay Commission: Revised Allowances Likely From July, Says Report
- Revision of rates of Non-Practicing Allowance (NPA) in respect of medical posts other than the posts included in the Central Health Services-recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission