Crediting of enhanced Medical Allowance to the pensioners account by Banks.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
DEPARTMENT OF EXPENDITURE
CENTRAL PENSION ACCOUNTING OFFICE
TRIKOOT-II, BHIKAJI CAMA PLACE,
NEW DELHI 110066
Subject: Crediting of enhanced Medical Allowance to the pensioners account by Banks.
During the workshop for banks on monitoring the pensioners grievances through “Web Responsive Pensioners Service” organised on 03.10.2016 a query was made on requirement of Special Seal Authority for crediting Medical Allowance at the enhanced rate based on orders issued by DP&PW from time to time. ln this context, attention is invited to para 4.5.2 (copy of the extract attached) of Accounting and 0perating Procedure for Central Pension Processing Centre of Authorised Banks for Pension Disbursement to Central Government (Civil) Pensioners issued in Feb,2012 wherein it has been provided that CPPC should have direct access to the website of the Department of Pensions & Pensioners Welfare and Ministry of Home Affair, so that these are regularly browsed and orders on Dearness Relief issued by various Departments are acted upon immediately.
CPPCs of all the banks are advised to follow the same instructions for revising the Medical Allowance of the pensioners already drawing the same as and when the rate of Medical Allowance is enhanced by DP&PW without requiring for any Special Seal Authority from CPAO.
Encl: As above
Sr. Accounts Officcr (IT & Tech)
1. Heads of CPPCs of all Banks.
2. Heads of Government Business Division of all Banks.
Related to Your Search:
- Timely Revision of Pension as per 7th CPC
- Central Pension Accounting Office (CPAO) celebrated its 29th Foundation Day today in the service of the Central Civil Pensioners
- Controller General of Accounts launches the upgraded version of Central Pension Accounting Office (CPAO) website www.cpao.nic.in
- CPAO: Not required to visit the bank to activate their first payment of pension
- The Central Government’s decision on recommendations of the 7th CPC on allowance payment to Pensioners: revised Fixed Medical Allowance and Constant Attendance Allowance on 100% disablement
- Provide monthly pension slips alongwith break up to pensioners/ family pensioners.: CPAO’s instructions to Bank
- Revision of pensions of pre-2006 pensioners – Payment of Arrears from 01.01.2006 : CPAO Order dated 25.08.2015
- CPAO: Timely commencement of family pension in favour of spouse by banks in the event of death of the pensioners
- Simplification of Pension Procedure – Submission of Life Certificate