CPAO to Bank: Attend sick, paralyzed and bedridden pensioners/family pensioners on priority basis with empathy
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
DEPARTMENT OF EXPENDITURE
CENTRAL PENSION ACCOUNTING OFFICE
TRIKOOT-II, BHIKAJI CAMA PLACE,
CPAO/IT &Tech/Bank Performance/37 (Vol-III)(A)/2018-19/17
Subject- Deficiency in providing of services by banks to sick pensioners/family Pensioner.
It has been observed that number of grievances are being received in CPAO regarding deficiency in services rendered by banks to pensioners/family pensioners. Pensioners/ family pensioners especially those who are sick, paralyzed and bedridden are facing problems while withdrawing their money from their respective pensions accounts.
In view of the above, Heads of CPPCs and Heads of Government Business Divisions of all the authorized banks are requested to issue necessary instructions to all the branches to attend these pensioners/family pensioners who are sick, paralyzed and bedridden on priority basis with empathy so that no hardships are caused to the pensioners/ family pensioners.
This issues with the approval of Chief Controller (Pensions).
Sr. Accounts Officer (IT & Tech)
Related to Your Search:
- Provide monthly pension slips alongwith break up to pensioners/ family pensioners.: CPAO’s instructions to Bank
- Simplification of Pension Procedure – Submission of Life Certificate
- CPAO: Timely commencement of family pension in favour of spouse by banks in the event of death of the pensioners
- CPAO: Not required to visit the bank to activate their first payment of pension
- CPAO – Discontinuation of BSR code
- CPAO Order: Intimation of recovery of excess/over payment made to pensioners
- Implementation of Government’s decisions on the recommendations of the 7th Pay Commission
- Non-issue of Pension slip by banks – CPAO OM May, 2018
- Timely commencement of family pension in favour of spouse by banks in the event of death of the pensioners