CPAO OM on 7th CPC Revision of Pre-2016 Pension in pursuance to DP&PW OM dt 12.05.17 and MoF OM 23.05.2017
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
DEPARTMENT OF EXPENDITURE
CENTRAL PENSION ACCOUNTING OFFICE
TRIKOOT-II, BHIKAJI CAMA PLACE,
NEW DELHI – 110066
CPAO/IT& Tech/Revision (7th CPC)/19.Vol-III/2016-17/37
Implementation of Revision of Pension of Pre- 1.1.2016 Pensioners/Family Pensioners in pursuance to DP& PW OM 38/37/2016-P& PW (A) dated 12th May 2017 and Ministry Of Finance (Deptt.Of Expenditure) OM No.1(13)/EV/2017 dated 23rd May, 2017.
1. Reference is invited to DP& PW OM No.38/37/2016-P& PW(A) dated 12-05-2017 regarding revision of pension of Pre-2016 retirees under 7th CPC. As per Para 4 of this OM, it has been decided that the revised pension/family pension w.e.f. 01.01.2016 in respect of all Central Civil Pensioners/Family Pensioners, including CAPF’s who retired/died prior to 01.01.2016, may be revised by notionally fixing their pay in the pay matrix recommended by the 7th CPC in the level corresponding to the pay in the pay scale/pay band and grade pay at which they retired/died. This will be done by notional pay fixation under each intervening Pay Commission based on the Formula for revision of pay. While fixing pay on notional basis, the pay fixation formula e approved by the Government and other relevant instructions on the subject in force at the relevant time shall be strictly followed. 50% of the notional pay as on 01.01.2016 shall be the revised pension and 30% of this notional pay shall be the revised family pension w.e.f. 1.1.2016 as per the first Formulation. In the case of family pensioners who were entitled to family pension at enhanced rate, the revised family pension shall be 50% of the notional pay as on 01.01.2016 and shall be payable till the period up to which family pension at enhanced rate is admissible as per rules.
2. As per Para 18 of this OM, the Pension Sanctioning Authority would impress upon the concerned Head of Office [HOO) for fixation of pay on notional basis and issue revised authority at the earliest. The revised authority will be issued under the existing PPO number and would travel to the Pension Disbursing Authority through the same channel through which the original PPO had travelled.
3. Reference is also invited to Ministry of Finance (Deptt. of Expenditure) OM No.1(13)/EV /2017 dated 23-May,2017 mentioning procedural points of action to be taken by concerned agencies including Pension Accounting Authorities & PAOs.
4. To facilitate early revision of pension and monitoring timely progress in this regard as required by aforesaid OM, course of actions are brought out below:
i.List of all the live cases available in CPAO along with details of last pay [wherever available] due for pension revision under 7th CPC will be provided to the Pay and Account 0fficers (PAOsJ in their logins under CPAO website www.cpao.nic.in by 31st May, 2017 to provide the details to concerned Head of Offices within 3 days and coordinate with them for getting the revised pension cases at the earliest. PAOs/HOOs may also check their records to verify actual number ofcases.
ii.In the meanwhile, since all the service records/details of the pensioners are available with the respective HOOs from where they retired/died, HOOs are required to check their records and start revising the pension in terms of Para 4 of the aforementioned OM of the DP& PW forrhwith. Pr. CCAs/CCAs /CAs/AGs/Administrators of UTs may monitor number of such cases received at PAOs and submit a report to CPAO by 31st May,2017.
iii. For the expeditious revisions of these pension cases, CPAO has developed an e-revision utility which has facility of sending online revision authorities from PAOs to CPAO under the digital signatures of PAOs. PAOs are required to revise pension cases through e-revision utility. Since under this utility, revision authorities would be sent under the digital signatures, pension processing PAOs are urgently required to arrange digital signatures and their registration on PFMs, if not done so far. In unavoidable circumstances to avoid delay, PAOs may process the pension cases manually as hitherto and send the paper based revision authorities to CPAO in the format given at Annexure.
iv. The list as mentioned at (i) above will also be provided under the logins/dashboard of chief controller of accounts and joint secretary (Admn)/Adma in charge of the Ministries/Departments on CPAO website. Joint Secretary (Admn)/Admn in charge may also distribute the list of pension cases to the HOOs falling under their administrative control and monitor the progress of Pension revisions at HOOs level. similarly, Pr.CCAs/CCAs/CAs/AGs/Administrators of UTs may keep a watch on the progress of the revision of cases received from HOOs to PAOs.
v. To facilitate effective monitoring of progress of revision at each level i.e. CCA/JS(Admn)/PAO, relevant progress reports would be available on CPAO website under logins/dashboards of respective authorities. On the basis of these reports, periodical review meetings may be held at the Ministry/Deptt./Organization level.
vi. In those cases, where 2.57 multiplication method of pension fixation is beneficial under DP& PW OM No.38/37/2016-P& PW (A) (ii) dated 4/08/2016, revised pension authority under 2.57 multiplication methods will also require to be issued by HOOs/PAOs for updation of records at CPAO & Banks as well as for information of pensioners by CPAO. However, HOOs/PAOs while revising the pension may prioritize the cases which are beneficial to the pensioners under pay fixation method. To cover large number of cases, in less time Pr.CCAs/CCAs/CAs/AGs/Administrators of UTs & JS(Admn) of Ministries/Deptts./Organization may identify the cases where revisions may be effected easily without involving multiple steps e.g.revisions of pension of those pensioners who retired/died during the period from 1.1.2006 to 31.12.2015 and whose pension is already fixed under 6th CPC.
vii. Pr.CCAs/CCAs/CAs/AGs/Administrators of UTs may nominate a Nodal Person/Key Resource Person (KRP) to coordinate with CPAO regarding any issues related with pension revisions and use of e-Revision utility. In case of any difficulty in the use of e-Revision utility Sh.Davinder Kumar, Technical Director, NIC, CPAO may be contacted on Telephone No.011-26715338 and [email protected] If required, officials of Ministries/Departments/PAOs may also visit CPAO on every Wednesday to resolve their issues related with pension revisions.
In view of the above, Pr.CCAs/CCAs/CAs/AGs/Administrators of UTs are requested to follow the above guidelines and issue necessary instructions to their PAOs for early revision of Pre-2016 pension cases under 7th CPC. They are further requested to Coordinate with their JS(Admn)/Admn in charge/HODs for timely submission of revised pension cases by the HOOs to PAOs and monitor the progress in this regard.
This issues with the approval of controller General of Accounts.
Controller of Accounts
Related to Your Search:
- Submission of e-Revision Authorities through the e-Revision utility by the PAOs
- Implementation of 7th CPC Recommendations – Revision of Central Civil Pension Cases – CPAO Orders
- Mandatory submission of e-revision authorities by the PAOs
- Pension Revision- Mandatory submission of e-revision authorities by the PAOs
- CPAO: Mandatory use of Digital Signature
- 7th Central Pay Commission – Revision of pension of pre- 2016 Pensioners/ Family Pensioners, etc
- Revision of pensions of pre-2006 pensioners – Payment of Arrears from 01.01.2006 : CPAO Order dated 25.08.2015
- Procedural actions for revision of pension of pre-1.1.2016 retirees of Central Government in pursuance of the OM of Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare dated 12.5.2017
- Revision of pension of pre-2006 as per Revised concordance table OM dated 28.01.2013: CPAO’s instruction to issue revision authority to all