Pensioners were not required to visit the bank to activate their first payment of pension: CPAO
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
DEPARTMENT OF EXPENDITURE
CENTRAL PENSION ACCOUNTING OFFICE
TRIKOOT-II, BHIKAJI CAVA PLACE,
Subject:- Requirements from pensioner for credit of first pension to his/her account by bank.
Attention is invited to CPAO’s OM No.CPAO/Tech/Simplification/2014-15/52 dated- 28.05.2014 whereby it was intimated to all concerned that pensioners were not required to visit the bank to activate their first payment of pension. It was also intimated that undertaking for recovery of excess/over payment of pension had been made a part of PPO. Inspite of these instructions, banks used to insist on pensioners to physically appear in the bank before commencing first payment of pension. Consequently, CPAO had issued instructions vide OM No. CPAO/Tech/Life Certificate/2014-15/99-175 dated-28.07.2014 that banks should not insist on the pensioners to issue life certificate at the time of first credit of pension. They were also advised to identify the pensioner with reference to information already available with bank obtained through KYC at the time of opening of bank account. The above instructions were reiterated by 0M No. CPAO/Tech/Bank Performance/2014-15/45 dated-02.06.2016.
However. it is observed that banks are still insisting upon the pensioners for completion of formalities like submission of life certificate, letter of Undertaking and certificate of non-employment to credit their first payment and other dues to their pension account resulting into inconvenience to the pensioners defeating the very purpose of simplifying the pension procedures.
In view of the above, Heads of CPPCs and Heads of Government Business Divisions of all the banks are advised to ensure that instructions issued by CPAO are followed by CPPCs and paying branches and any inconvenience to pensioners are avoided.
This issues with the approval of competent authority.
Sr. Accounts Officer (IT & Tech)
Related to Your Search:
- Simplification of Pension Procedure – Submission of Life Certificate
- Central Govt Pensioners/Family Pensioners should submit Life Certificate to their respective banks
- Use of modified format of Life Certificate by all banks
- Modification in Life Certificate of Pensioners – Acknowledgement to be issued
- Additional Relief on death/disability of Central Government servants covered by NPS – CPAO Life Certificate
- Provide monthly pension slips alongwith break up to pensioners/ family pensioners.: CPAO’s instructions to Bank
- Aadhar based Digital Life Certificate (Jeevan Pramaan): CPAO O.M. Dated 20.03.2015
- CPAO Order: Intimation of recovery of excess/over payment made to pensioners
- Timely Revision of Pension as per 7th CPC