GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
DEPARTMENT OF EXPENDITURE
CENTRAL PENSION ACCOUNTING OFFICE
TRIKOOT-II, BHIKAJI CAMA PLACE,
Subject: Discontinuation of BSR code-regarding.
The Central Pension Accounting Office, Deptt. of Expenditure, M/o Finance has been entrusted with the work for implementation of the ‘Scheme for payment of Pension to Central Government Civil Pensioners’, arranging payments of Pension through Authorized Banks to the Pensioners retired from Government Service and to maintain and compiling the accounts on the basis of the scrolls received from the Authorised Banks.
At present, BSR Code is being used to identify the home branch of the pensioners to send the physical PPO booklets with annexure. It is also being used for reconciliation of pension payments made by the banks and the reimbursement made by the RBI to all the Pension disbursing Bans. It is stated that the BSR Code of the Home Branch of the Bank is not known to the Pensioners which delays in the finalization of their Pension cases . Therefore, this office would like to shift from BSR Code to IFSC Code for discharging the work mentioned above.
However, it is appreciated that discontinuation of BSR Code will entail systematic changes in the whole pension processing chain. It is requested to give your view on shifting from BSR Code to IFSC Code for processing the pension cases of the pensioners concerned under ‘Scheme for payment of Pension to Central Government Civil Pensioners’ .
This issues with the approval of the Chief Controller.
(Md. Shahid Kamal Ansari)
(Dy. Controller of Accounts)
Related to Your Search:
- CPAO – Discontinuation of BSR code
- Central Pension Accounting Office (CPAO) celebrated its 29th Foundation Day today in the service of the Central Civil Pensioners
- Controller General of Accounts launches the upgraded version of Central Pension Accounting Office (CPAO) website www.cpao.nic.in
- CPAO Order: Intimation of recovery of excess/over payment made to pensioners
- Transmission of e-PPO(PDF & XML) to the authorized banks in fresh pension cases
- CPAO reminder on payment of arrears of pension to pre‐ 2006 pensioners w.e.f. 01.01.2006
- Removal of state-wise jurisdiction of Banks for disbursement of Central Government (Civil) Pensioners: Clarification regarding
- E-scroll to process the revision of pension cases
- Revision of post-2016 pension cases : CPAO Orders on 4.10.2016