O/o the PCDA (P), Allahabad
(All Head of Department under Min. of Defence)
Sub:- Counting of former AF Service (Army/Navy/AF) towards Civil Services – Clarification regarding…
On the introduction of New Pension Scheme, counting of Former Service was stopped. GOI, DP&PW vide their 0M No.P&PW 0M N028/30/2004- P&PW (B) dated 26 July, 2005 followed by 0M dated 28.10.2009 allowed counting of Former Service for such employees only who have been mobilized after submitting technical resignation for new appointment in the new Ministry/ Department/ Central Autonomous bodies subject to fulfillment of other prescribed condition.
2. The subject matter was referred for clarification as to whether benefits of counting of former service as per Rule 19 of the CCS (Pension) Rules 1972 is allowed to those reemployed Ex-Servicemen who have been appointed to civil establishment on or after 01.012004 on the issuance of GOI DP&PW vide their 0M No. P&PW 0M No-28/30/2004- P&PW (B) dated 26 July, 2005 followed by 0M dated 28.1Allahabad
3. In this regard competent authority has issued following clarifications:-
i. Vide Rule 2 of the CCS(Pension) Rules 1972 are not applicable to those who have been appointed to civil establishment on or after 01.01.2004 i.e. benefits of Rule 19 of the CCS(Pension) Rules 1972 are also not available to those appointed to civil establishment on or after 01.01.2004.
ii. DP&PVV vide their 0M No 28/30/2004-P&PVV (B) dt. 26.012005 followed by 28.10.2009 had allowed counting of former service for those employees only who have been mobilized after submitting technical resignation for new appointment in the new Ministry / Department/ Central Autonomous Bodies subject to fulfillment of other conditions i.e. unless and until Armed Forces Personnel had joined new service after rendering technical resignation for joining the new post, he/she shall not be covered under Deptt of P&PW 0M No. 28/30/2004 P&PW (B) dt. 28.10.2009.
3. Therefore, it is requested that all similarly placed cases may be regulated accordingly. Cases where benefits of Rule 19 of the CCS(Pension) Rules 1972 have been given to those appointed to a civil establishment on or after may be reviewed de-novo and necessary action may be taken in each case in consultation with Pay Controllers.
4. In view of the foregoing, you also are requested to issue suitable instructions (along with copy of this circular) to all the Head of Offices under your administrative control to ensure that claim on the subject matter henceforth are floated in accordance with clarification given in above Para.
(Rajeev Ranjan Kumar)
Dy. CDA (P)
Related to Your Search:
- Counting of past service fix admissibility in old pension scheme, new pension scheme, pay protection and leave accumulation to All India Services officers
- Counting of past service for admissibility in old pension scheme, new pension scheme, pay protection and leave accumulation to All India Services officers
- NPS-OPS: Mobility of personnel amongst Central State & Autonomous Bodies while working under Pensionable establishments -DoPPW dated 11 June, 2020
- Clarificatory OM for payment of two family pensions on death attributable to Government Service of a re-employed pensioner
- Applicability of Rule 31 of Railway Service Pension Rules 1993 for counting service period paid from contingencies for calculation of pension, gratuity on retirement.
- Payment of lump-sum compensation to railway employees covered under NPS on retention in Railway service
- PCDA Pension Orders 2013 : Counting of former service in respect of employees covered under New Pension Scheme.
- After 7th CPC, the limits on two family pension payable to a child in support of both parents is revised
- FAQ on Pension Policy (Central Civil Services)