In view of the lockdown order relating to COVID-19 prevention, as stated by various States / UT Governments, contract workers are expected to remain at home, they shall be considered as “on duty” during such absence time and the requisite pay / wages shall be paid accordingly.
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi
Sub: Payment of wages to outsourced persons of Ministries / Departments and other organizations of Government of India during lockdown period due to COVID-19
As part of social distancing and isolation measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 in the country, various State / UT Governments have announced lockdown at different places. Instructions have been separately issued by DOP&T regarding maintenance of essential services in Ministries / Departments.
2. Due to these measures, there is a likelihood of a number of contractual, casual and outsourced staff such as house-keeping staff etc. being required to stay at home, which under normal circumstances would result in deduction in their pay /wages. In order to avoid any undue hardships under the prevailing extraordinary circumstances, it has been decided that wherever any such contractual, casual and outsourced staff of Ministries / Departments and other organizations of Government of India, is required to stay at home in view of lockdown order regarding COVID-19 prevention, as announced by various States/ UT Governments, they shall be treated as “on duty” during such period of absence and necessary pay / wages would be paid accordingly.
3. These instructions shall also apply to Attached/ Subordinate Offices, Autonomous /Statutory Bodies of Government of India.
4. These instructions shall apply till 30th April, 2020.
(Annie G. Mathew)
Additional Secretary to Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- Central Public Sector Enterprises Preventive measures to be taken to contain the spread of COVID19
- Functioning of Central Govt Office – Operation to prevent the COVID-19
- Apprentices will get their full stipend during COVID-19 Lockdown
- Latest DoPT Order – Preventive measures to contain the spread of COVID19 for all Central Government Employees
- Relaxation in counting of various Limitations period under AIS Rules – Latest DoPT Orders 2020
- CCS (CCA) Rules 1965, CCS(Pension) Rules 1972 Counting of the restriction period for the various purposes
- Relaxation in CCS Leave rules 1972 for central government employees – COVID19 – Latest DoPT Orders 2020
- Closing of Central Government offices across the country till 31.03.2020 to stop spreading COVID-19 virus – CONFEDERATION
- Utilisation of the facilities of Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) – Instructions given by DoPT