In view of the lockdown order relating to COVID-19 prevention, as stated by various States / UT Governments, contract workers are expected to remain at home, they shall be considered as “on duty” during such absence time and the requisite pay / wages shall be paid accordingly.
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi
Sub: Payment of wages to outsourced persons of Ministries / Departments and other organizations of Government of India during lockdown period due to COVID-19
As part of social distancing and isolation measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 in the country, various State / UT Governments have announced lockdown at different places. Instructions have been separately issued by DOP&T regarding maintenance of essential services in Ministries / Departments.
2. Due to these measures, there is a likelihood of a number of contractual, casual and outsourced staff such as house-keeping staff etc. being required to stay at home, which under normal circumstances would result in deduction in their pay /wages. In order to avoid any undue hardships under the prevailing extraordinary circumstances, it has been decided that wherever any such contractual, casual and outsourced staff of Ministries / Departments and other organizations of Government of India, is required to stay at home in view of lockdown order regarding COVID-19 prevention, as announced by various States/ UT Governments, they shall be treated as “on duty” during such period of absence and necessary pay / wages would be paid accordingly.
3. These instructions shall also apply to Attached/ Subordinate Offices, Autonomous /Statutory Bodies of Government of India.
4. These instructions shall apply till 30th April, 2020.
(Annie G. Mathew)
Additional Secretary to Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- Contract staff who are staying at home for COVID-19 prevention lockdown shall be treated as ‘on duty’
- Central Public Sector Enterprises Preventive measures to be taken to contain the spread of COVID19
- Special Casual Leave to be consider the absence during COVID-19 epidemic lockdown period – AIRF
- Functioning of Central Govt Office – Operation to prevent the COVID-19
- Payment of Wages of outsourced employees Daily wagers for the Month of March 2020
- Daily attendance is being sought by DoPT telaphonically, officers are requested to convey attendance by 11 am
- Relief to establishments covered by the EPF and MP Act , 1952 from penalty levy for delayed payment of dues during lockdown
- Regularization of officer / employee absence due to lockdown w.e.f. 25th March 2020
- Central Government Employees Absence during COVID – 19 epidemic lockdown period – clarification is received from DOPT