Central Government Employees News
Outsourced staff who are staying at home for COVID-19 prevention lockdown shall be treated as ‘on duty’ during such absence with provide the necessary pay
F.No. 23(4)/E.Coord /2020/1
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi
Dated 20th May, 2020
Subject: Payment of Wages to Outsourced Persons of Ministries/ Departments and other organizations of Government of India during lockdown period due to COVID-19.
As a measure to avoid undue hardship during lockdown period to the contractual, casual and outsource staff of Ministries/ Departments and other organizations of Government of India, instructions were issued by Department of Expenditure [DoE] vide OM of even no. dated 23/03/2020 that any contractual, casual and outsource staff, who are required to stay at home in view of the lockdown order regarding COVID-19 prevention, shall be treated as “on duty’ during such period of absence and necessary pay/wages would be paid accordingly.
2. These instructions also applies to all the Attached/Subordinate Office, Autonomous/ Statutory Bodies of Government of India and was valid upto 30th April, 2020.
3. The lockdown period has since been extended from time to time and as per MHA’s order dated 17/05/2020 the lockdown measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 have been extended upto 31.05.2020. Accordingly, the validity of DoE’s instructions issued vide OM dated 23/03/2020 is hereby extended till 31st May, 2020.
(Annie G. Mathew)
Additional Secretary to Government of India
All the Ministries and Departments of Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- Contractual staff of Ministries / Departments and other organizations of Government of India, treated as on duty – COVID-19
- Clarification on regularization of absence during COVID-19 pandemic lockdown period – DoPT dated 1st March 2021
- Regularization of leave for the absence period of Central Government Employees during lockdown period due to COVID-19
- Special Casual Leave to be consider the absence during COVID-19 epidemic lockdown period – AIRF
- Clarification on regarding of Absence during COVID-19 Lockdown period
- Regularization of absence during COVID-19 epidemic lockdown period – Latest DoPT Order
- Regularization of officer / employee absence due to lockdown w.e.f. 25th March 2020
- Daily attendance is being sought by DoPT telaphonically, officers are requested to convey attendance by 11 am
- Central Government Employees Absence during COVID – 19 epidemic lockdown period – clarification is received from DOPT