Central Government Employees News
Outsourced staff who are staying at home for COVID-19 prevention lockdown shall be treated as ‘on duty’ during such absence with provide the necessary pay
F.No. 23(4)/E.Coord /2020/1
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi
Dated 20th May, 2020
Subject: Payment of Wages to Outsourced Persons of Ministries/ Departments and other organizations of Government of India during lockdown period due to COVID-19.
As a measure to avoid undue hardship during lockdown period to the contractual, casual and outsource staff of Ministries/ Departments and other organizations of Government of India, instructions were issued by Department of Expenditure [DoE] vide OM of even no. dated 23/03/2020 that any contractual, casual and outsource staff, who are required to stay at home in view of the lockdown order regarding COVID-19 prevention, shall be treated as “on duty’ during such period of absence and necessary pay/wages would be paid accordingly.
2. These instructions also applies to all the Attached/Subordinate Office, Autonomous/ Statutory Bodies of Government of India and was valid upto 30th April, 2020.
3. The lockdown period has since been extended from time to time and as per MHA’s order dated 17/05/2020 the lockdown measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 have been extended upto 31.05.2020. Accordingly, the validity of DoE’s instructions issued vide OM dated 23/03/2020 is hereby extended till 31st May, 2020.
(Annie G. Mathew)
Additional Secretary to Government of India
All the Ministries and Departments of Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- Contractual staff of Ministries / Departments and other organizations of Government of India, treated as on duty – COVID-19
- Regularization of officer / employee absence due to lockdown w.e.f. 25th March 2020
- Absence during COVID-19 lockdown period – Clarification issued by Department of Space for their employees
- Daily attendance is being sought by DoPT telaphonically, officers are requested to convey attendance by 11 am
- CCS (CCA) Rules 1965, CCS(Pension) Rules 1972 Counting of the restriction period for the various purposes
- Relief to establishments covered by the EPF and MP Act , 1952 from penalty levy for delayed payment of dues during lockdown
- One time relaxation for retention of railway accommodation in view of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 7th CPC Transport Allowance to Railway Employees for the month of April 2020. AIRF writes to Railway Board
- Apprentices will get their full stipend during COVID-19 Lockdown