Consumer Price Index Numbers on Base 2012=100 for Rural, Urban and Combined for the month of October 2017
The Central Statistics Office (CSO), Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation has revised the Base Year of the Consumer Price Index (CPI) from 2010=100 to 2012=100 with effect from the release of indices for the month of January 2015.
2. In this press note, the CPI (Rural, Urban, Combined) on Base 2012=100 is being released for the month of October 2017. In addition to this, Consumer Food Price Index (CFPI) for all India Rural, Urban and Combined are also being released for October 2017. All India Inflation rates (on point to point basis i.e. current month over same month of last year, i.e., October 2017 over October 2016), based on General Indices and CFPIs are given as follows:
All India Inflation rates (%) based on CPI (General) and CFPI
Note: Figures of October 2017 are provisional.
5. Price data are collected from selected towns by the Field Operations Division of NSSO and from selected villages by the Department of Posts. Price data are received through web portals, maintained by the National Informatics Centre.
Next date of release: 12th December 2017 (Tuesday) for November 2017.
Related to Your Search:
- Consumer Price Index Numbers on base 2010=100 for Rural, Urban and Combined for the Month of September, 2012
- Consumer Price Index Numbers on Base 2012=100 for Rural, Urban and combined for the Month of October 2015
- Statement of Srikant Kumar Jena on Consumer Price Index, December 2012
- Statement of Srikant Kumar Jena on Consumer Price Index
- Consumer Price Index Numbers for Industrial Workers
- Annual rate of inflation based on monthly WPI stood at 2.33% for March 2015
- Expected DA from January 2016 which is crucial for 7th CPC Pay
- Central Government to release new series of CPI inflation in February
- Expected DA from Jan 2014 – AICPIN for the month of October 2013