Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 05th September, 2016
Subject:- Consolidated Instructions on compassionate appointment — Review of FAQs dated 30.05.2013/25.02.2015 with regard to married son.
The undersigned is directed to invite attention to this Department’s O.M. No.
14014/6/1994-Estt.(D) dated 09th October, 1998 and OM of even number dated 16th
January, 2013 vide which Consolidated Instructions on compassionate appointment were issued. Subsequently, vide FAQ No. 13 dated 30.05.2013 it has been clarified that married sons are not considered as dependent family member and hence not eligible for consideration for compassionate appointment. The clarification with regard to married son as stipulated in FAQ No. 13 dated 30.05.2013 has been reviewed vide FAQ No 60 of even number dated 25.02.2015 as under:-
|60||Whether ‘married son’ can be considered for compassionate appointment?||Yes, if he otherwise fulfils all the other requirements of the Scheme i.e. he is otherwise eligible and fulfils the criteria laid down in this Department’s O.M. dated 16th January, 2013. This would be effective from the date of issue of this FAQ viz. 25th February, 2015 and the cases of compassionate appointment already settled w.r.t. the FAQs dated 30th May, 2013, may not be reopened. Sr.No.13 of the FAQs dated 30th May, 2013 may be deemed to have been modified to this extent.|
2. Pursuant to various Court Orders, the clarification/FAQ No. 13 dated 30.05.2013 and FAQ No. 60 dated 25.02.2015 has been further reviewed in consultation with the Department of Legal Affairs. It has been decided that married son can be considered for compassionate appointment if he otherwise fulfils all the other requirements of the Scheme i.e. he is otherwise eligible and fulfils the criteria laid down in this Department’s O.M. dated 16th January, 2013.
3. FAQ No. 13 dated 30.05.2013 and FAQ No. 60 dated 25.02.2015 stands withdrawn from the date of their issue.
4. The cases of compassionate appointment rejected solely on the grounds of marital status in terms of FAQ No. 13 dated 30.05.2013 during the intervening period i.e. w.e.f. 30.05.2013 to 25.02.2015 in respect of married son may be
reopened/reconsidered against vacancies occurring after issue of this OM.
5. Hindi version will follow.
Phone No. 23092479
Related to Your Search:
- Dopt Clarification on Definition of a Dependent Family Member – Whether ‘married son’ can be considered for compassionate appointment?
- Clarification on Validity of Application for Compassionate Appointment by DoPT via CPWD
- Consolidated Instructions on compassionate appointment — regarding
- Important Questions asked on Compassionate Appointment
- Review of compassionate appointment cases regarding: Clarification by Ministry of Defence
- Appointment on compassionate grounds – NFIR
- Railways: Appointment on Compassionate Grounds: 2nd Wife Policy Letter
- Review of three years time limit for making compassionate appointment.
- Scheme for engagement of a dependent of deceased GDS on compassionate grounds