Confusion Continues in Promotion Option after Finance Ministry order
Ministry of finance has issued an Office Memorandum regarding Revising Promotion Option under FR 22(1) (a).
Here there should not be any misunderstanding between Exercising Option for Pay Revision under CCS (RP) Rules 2016 and Exercising option for Pay Fixation for Promotion/MACP under FR 22(1)(a)
As per the provisions of FR 22 (l) (a) the Government servants have the option, to be exercised within one month from the date of promotion, to have the pay fixed under this rule from the date of such promotion or from the date of next increment.
Some of the employees. promoted between 01.01.2016 and 25.7.2016 had opted for their pay fixation on promotion/financial up-gradation under MACPS from the date of their next increment in the lower grade. Consequent upon notification of CCS CRP) Rules, 2016 i.e 25th July, 2016. the option submitted by such employees has now turned out to be disadvantageous.
In some Department the Employees Promoted between 01-01-2016 and 25-7-2016 are allowed to exercise their Option to revise their Pay from the Date of Next increment i.e 1st July 2016.
But As per the provisos to CCS (RP) Rules 2016, they should not have been allowed to give option to revise their Pay beyond their date of Promotion Since it has been stated in CCS (RP) Rules 2016 under Rule No.5.
Now the Ministry of Finance issued an OM which says
Under the changed circumstances after notification of CCS (RP) Rules. 2016. the employee may be allowed to exercise revised option for fixation of pay under FR 22(I)(a)(I). Such revised option shall be exercised within one month of issue of this OM Option so revised, shall be final
After this Clarification there is confusion among Government servants those who got Promotion between 01-01-2016 and 25-7-2016 regarding how their Pay will be fixed…?
The Doubts are ..
1. What is the status of Employees promoted between 01.01.2016 and 25.7.2016 and opted to Revise their pay on Date of Next Increment i.e 1.7.2016 ?
i. Would they be asked to revise their promotion option under FR 22(1)(a) ?
ii. The option Exercised under the provisos to rule 5 of CCS (RP) Rules 2016 also to be revised again…?
iii. If one opt to fix the pay on Date of Promotion under FR 22(1)(a) and Opt to revise the pay on date of Promotion under Revised Pay Rules 2016, how the Pay will be fixed…?
The Concerned Departments / Federations may take up this issue to appropriate level for necessary clarification to clear the doubts of central government Employees.
Related to Your Search:
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation Tables: Promoted from Level 1 to 2
- Fixation of pay and grant of increment in the revised Pay structure
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation and Grant of Increment in revised pay structure: Finmin Clarification
- Option for pay fixation in the 7th CPC Pay Matrix level to the Railway employees promoted during the period 01.01.2016 to 31.12.2016
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation: Confederation seeks Clarification for Post 2016 Promotee/MACP and One time relaxation in excercise option for retrospectively Promotion/Upgradation
- Pay Fixation on Promotion as per 7th CPC (RP) Rules – Confederation requests to exercise revised option as one-time measure
- Pay Fixation on Promotion or MACP in 7th CPC – Option Calculation with illustrations
- Availability of option for fixation of pay on promotion from the Date of Next Increment (DNI) in the lower post and method of fixation of pay from DNI, if opted for, in context of CCS (RP) Rules, 2016
- Defence: option for fixation of pay on promotion from the Date of Next Increment (DNI) in the lower post and method of fixation of pay from DNI