Concession to students in special trains/Coaches booked on Full Tariff Rates.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
No. TC-II/2033/2014/Student Concession New Delhi,
(Commercial Circular No. 52 of 2014)
The General Managers (Comml.)
All Zonal Railways.
Sub: Concession to students in special trains/Coaches booked on Full Tariff Rates.
Ministry of Railways have decided as a special case to grant 60% concession to the eligible students in special trains/coaches booked by IRCTC on Full Tariff Rates from any part of the country to the North Eastern States including New Jalpaiguri.
The above concession shall be admissible subject to the following conditions:-
(i) The concession shall be admissible only for the tours organised by IRCTC by booking of special trains/coaches on Full Tariff Rates. This concession shall not be admissible on the rail tour packages operated as chartered trains with separate fare structure.
(ii) Concession shall be admissible only in the basic fare. Other charges applicable in case of booking of special trains/coaches on Full Tariff Rates shall be taken in full.
(iii) Concession shall be admissible only in second/Sleeper class.
(iv) IRCTC will collect the prescribed certificate of eligible students issued from the Head of the recognised school/College/Institutions and will surrender the same at stations at the time of furnishing list of passengers. Concessional facility may be given after due verification of the concession certificates.
(v) Other terms and conditions as regards eligibility of students and others will be same as applicable in the normal train services as per existing rule.
(vi) The instruction shall come into effect w.e.f 15.12.2014 and shall remain valid for one year i.e. upto 14.12.2015.
This issues with the concurrence of the Finance(commercial) Dte. Of the Ministry of Railways.
Necessary instructions may be issued to all concerned.
(A. Madhukumar Reddy)
Executive Director Passenger Marketing
No. TC-II/2033/2014/Student Concession New Delhi, Dated 8.12.2014
For Financial Commissioner/Railways
Related to Your Search:
- Ministry of Railways approves 196 pairs of Festival Special Trains 2020 services
- 40% concession in passenger fare to Transgender Senior Citizens whose age are 60 and above
- Revision of advance reservation period for running of Suvidha trains and special trains on special charges
- Clarification regarding admissibility of flexi-fare in Shatabdi/Rajdhani/Duronto trains while availing LTC
- Revision of Flexi Fare Scheme of Indian Railways
- FACILITIES EXTENDED TO HANDICAPPED PERSONS IN RESPECT OF RESERVATION IN TRAINS
- Travel by Premium Trains on LTC- Clarification orders issued by DoPT on 27.1.2015
- Revision in fare of Children w.e.f. April, 2016: Railway Board Commercial Circular No. 71
- Air Conditioned Coach developed for DEMU Train