Complaints regarding fixation of seniority – PIB
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Irregularities in Fixation of Seniority
21 NOV 2019
The Department of Personnel & Training (DoP&T), being the nodal Department on policy relating to seniority, has prescribed guidelines on determination of seniority in Central Civil Services and Civil Posts, which are to be followed by the Administrative Ministries / Departments.
Whenever complaints regarding fixation of seniority are received, these references are forwarded to the respective Cadre Controlling Authorities with whom the details of the cases are available, for taking appropriate action. Details regarding action taken by the Cadre Controlling Authorities on such references are, however, not maintained centrally.
Wherever clarifications/ interpretation of Rules/Instructions are sought by the Cadre Controlling Authorities, DoP&T renders its advice in respect of such references.
This information was provided by the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North-Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh in written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Premature Retirement – Right to retired Government officials prematurely
- Fixation of Range of Seniority for promotion from PA to PS Grade of CSSS Select list Year-2011-reg.
- Compulsory Retirement Under Section 56(J) of CCS (Pension) Rules
- Over 62,000 corruption complaints received in Central Vigilance Commission last year
- Service Profile Compilation of details – Latest DoPT Orders 2021
- The Central Government is fully committed to implement the Right to Information (RTI) Act
- Fixation of range of seniority for promotion from PA to PS Grade of CSSS-Select List Year 2014-reg
- Compulsory Retirement of Central Government Employees
- Postponement of Cadre Restructuring meeting to be held on 21.05.2015