Provision in order to expand the benefits of paid Rs . 10 lakhs to all Department of Post and Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) employees for covering the death of COVID-19 during the execution of official duties Official Delivery
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan,Sansad Marg
New Delhi – 110 001
21st May, 2020
- Heads of all Postal Circles
- Chief General Manager (BD)/Prcel/PLI Directorate
- Director, Rafi Ahmad Kidwai National Postal Academy, Ghaziabad
- Chief Engineer (HQ), Dak Bhawan
Subject: Provision to extend benefit of payment of compensation of Rs.10 lakhs to all Departmental employees of Department of Posts and all categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) to cover death due to COVID-19 while discharging official duties – appointment of ‘Designated Officer’ – reg.
I am directed to refer to this Department’s letter of No.100-4/2020-Pen. dated 17.04.2020 extending the benefit of payment of compensation of Rs.10 lakhs to all Departmental employees of Department of Posts and all categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) to cover death due to COVID-19 while discharging official duties.
In terms Section 4(e) of the Guidelines, there is a provision for appointment of Designated Officer’ by the Competent Authority for receiving, processing and disposal of claims. The extension of the Guidelines for the purpose of COVID-19 cases was only for specific purpose and for the time being only. Therefore, to keep a close watch on the total number of cases and expenditure involved, it has been decided that all such cases may be approved at Directorate level.
To ensure expeditious and prompt settlement of claims, the Competent Authority has appointed Director (Welfare), Department of Posts, Dak Bhawan, New Delhi-01 as “Designated Officer”.
In view of above, all Circles are requested to submit all claims of compensation for death due to COVID-19 cases ensuring that the requisite certificate of cause of death issued by the District Administration and the Death Certificate issued by the concerned Municipal Authority are attached with each proposal. Each proposal should be forwarded to Director( Welfare) with the recommendation of Head of the of Circle.
Asstt. Director General (Pension)
Related to Your Search:
- Compensation of Rs.10 lakhs to all postal & GDS employees – Death cases due to COVID-19
- Revision of Schedule of Engaging Authority for BPMs and ABPMs / Dak Sevaks under Rule 31 of GDS
- GDS – Revision in Rule 4 of Gramin Dak Sevaks (Conduct and Engagement) Rules, 2020 – DoP
- Rs.50 lakh compensation announced in cases of loss of life from COVID-19 to Port staff / workers
- Maternity Leave for the female Gramin Dak Sevaks (Female GDS) in the Department of Posts
- Female GDS Employees – Maternity Leave for the female Gramin Dak Sevaks in the Department of Posts
- Ex-gratia lump sum compensation – Recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission
- Service Discharge Benefit Scheme for Gramin Dak Sevaks
- Committee set up to Review Wage Structure of Gramin Dak Sevaks