National Federation of Indian Railwaymen
The Secretary (E),
Sub: Compassionate ground appointment to the kith & kin of Railway employees and died in harness as bachelor – need to issue instructions-reg.
Reports are being received by the Federation through our affiliated unions that the
Railway Authorities on certain divisions/zones are reluctant to consider offering appointment on compassionate ground to the kith & kin of railway employee died as bachelor. These cases included the cases of persons appointed under LARSGESS (who unfortunately died as bachelor).
Federation feels that denial of compassionate appointment to the next kith and kin of bachelor employees die in harness is unfair, considering the fact that the bereaved family is required to be provided with bread winner (through compassionate appointment to the kith & kin of deceased staff).
NFIR therefore, requests the Railway Board to kindly review the extant instructions and issue suitable clarification to the Zonal Railways etc., to consider providing compassionate appointment to the kith and kin of deceased bachelor employees (including LARSGESS appointee) in order to provide relief to the families of such employees. A copy of the instructions issued may be endorsed to the Federation.
Related to Your Search:
- Training period of wards of deceased/medically decategorised Railway employees appointed on compassioate grounds as Technician Gr. III in (erstwhile GP 1900/Pay Level-2 of 7th CP)
- Implementation of LARSGESS amongst Railway emproyees in Gp Rs 1800/-
- Denial of payment of HRA, Transport Allowance etc. to trainees appointed on compassionate ground in Grade Pay 1900/ – in artisan category: NFIR
- Denial of payment of HRA, Transport Allowance etc. to trainees appointed on compassionate ground
- Appointment on compassionate grounds – review of extant instructions relating to acquisition of higher qualification – NFIR
- Appointment on compassionate grounds in the Clerical Cadre – urge to fill up vacancies – NFIR
- Implementation of LARSGESS – Coverage of scheme to Track Maintainers working in GP Rs 1900/- Letter to the Secretary(E) RB/NDLS
- Appointment on Compassionate grounds of dependent of medically unfit staff on the Railways
- Death of Government Employee does not entitle family for job: Supreme Court