Committee set up to Review Wage Structure of Gramin Dak Sevaks
A one man Committee to examine the wage structure, service conditions, etc. of the Gramin Dak Sevaks in the Department of Posts has been constituted by the Government of India.
Shri Kamlesh Chandra, Retired Member of Postal Services Board, will constitute the Committee. The Committee will be assisted by Shri T.Q. Mohammad, a Senior Administrative Grade Officer, who will act as Secretary to the GDS Committee. The Committee will go into the service conditions of Gramin Dak Sevaks and suggest changes as considered necessary. The terms of reference of the Committee will, inter-alia, include the following:-
a) To examine the system of Branch Post Offices, engagement conditions and the existing structure of wage and enrolments paid to the Gramin Dak Sevaks and recommend necessary changes;
b) To review the existing Services Discharge Benefits Scheme/other social security benefits for the Gramin Dak Sevaks and suggest necessary changes;
c) To review the existing facilities/welfare measures provided to the Gramin Dak Sevaks and suggest necessary changes;
d) To examine and suggest any changes in the method of engagement, minimum qualification for engagement as Gramin Dak Sevaks and their conduct and disciplinary rules, particularly keeping in view the proposed induction of technology in the Rural Post Offices.
The Department of Post has 2.6 lakh Gramin Dak Sevaks. All these GDSs will come under the purview of GDS Committee.
Related to Your Search:
- GDS: Grameen Dak Sevaks Lok Sabha Q&A
- DEPARTMENT OF POSTS: GRAMIN DAK SEVAK ISSUE IN LOK SABHA – 22-03-2017
- Gramin Dak Sevaks – Lok Sabha Q&A
- GDS – Kamlesh Chandra Committee on ‘Schedule of Engaging Authority for BPMs and ABPMs/ Dak Sevaks under Rule 31 of GDS Rules for all categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks
- Cabinet approves Revision in the wage structure and allowances of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) of the Department of Posts
- CITU Congratulates the Gramin Dak Sevaks for the magnificent united all India strike
- Rule 9 Minor and Major penalties of GDS Conduct and Engagement Rules for all categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks – GDS
- Revised eligibility criteria for engagement to Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) posts
- Revised eligibility criteria for engagement to GDS posts