Classification of Cities for HRA as per 7th CPC – X Y Z Classification of Cities for HRA 2020
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
Dated, the 25 February, 2020
North Block, New Delhi
Subject:- Re-classification of Mathura-Vrindavan Municipal Corporation as ‘Y’ class city for the purpose of grant of House Rent Allowance (HRA) – regarding.
The undersigned is directed to invite. attention to this Ministry’s O.M. No.2/5/2014-E.II(B) dated 21.07.2015 regarding re-classification /upgradation of cities on the basis of the population figures of 2011 census for the purpose of House Rent Allowance to the Central Government employees and to say that consequent upon combining of Municipal Council of Mathura and Municipal Council of Vrindavan and constitution of Mathura – Vrindavan Municipal Corporation vide Notification No.1799/9-7-17-8(Seema Vistar)/ 2016 dated 12.05.2017 of the Government of Uttar Pradesh, resulted in increase In population and hence, Mathura- Vrindavan Municipal Corporation qualifies for classification as ‘Y’ class city/ town for the purpose of grant of House Rent Allowance to the Central Government employees.
2. It has been decided that Mathura-Vrindavan Municipal Corporation shall stand classified as ‘Y’ class city/town for the purpose of grant of House Rent Allowance to the Central Government employees posted there,
3. These orders shall be effective from 1st March, 2020.
4. The orders will apply to all civilian employees of the Central Government. The orders will also be applicable to the civilian employees paid from the Defence Services Estimates. In respect of Armed Forces personnel and Railway employees, separate orders will be issued by the Ministry of Defence and the Ministry of Railways, respectively.
5. In so far as the persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders are issued after consultation with the Comptroller & Auditor General of India, as mandated under Article 148(5) of the Constitution.
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India
Classification of Cities in Uttar Pradesh
Already listed cities classified as Y
- Moradabad (M.Corpn.)
- Meerut (UA)
- Ghaziabad* (UA)
- Aligarh (UA)
- Agra (UA)
- Bareilly (UA)
- Lucknow (UA)
- Kanpur (UA)
- Allahabad (UA)
- Gorakhpur (UA)
- Varanasi (UA)
- Saharanpur (M.Corpn.)
- Nodia* (CT)
- Firozabad (NPP)
- Jhansi (UA)
Related to Your Search:
- Re-classification of Mathura-Vrindavan Municipal Corporation as ‘Y’ class city for the purpose of grant of House Rent Allowance (HRA)
- Revision of classification cities for the purpose of House Rent Allowance and Transport Allowance to Central Government employees
- Finance Ministry issued orders on upgradation of cities / towns on the basis of Census 2011 for the purpose of House Rent Allowance
- 7th CPC HRA : Grant of House Rent Allowance to Central Government employees on basis of Census-2011
- Monthly Salary for Central Government Employees Pay Level 1 (Rs. 22800)
- Re-classification of cities/towns – Grant of House Rent Allowance to Railway Employees
- 7th CPC HRA hike for Central Government employees and CPSE or PSU employees (3rd PRC) from 1st Jan 2021
- Grant of House Rent Allowance (HRA) to Railway employees posted at S.A.S. Nagar Mohali at par with Chandigarh rates
- 7th Pay Commission to propose higher HRA