Claims regarding payment of Travelling Allowance to the staff promoted under cadre restructuring w.e.f 01/11/2013 – case of North Western Railway
National Federation of Indian Railwaymen
The Secretary (E),
Sub: Claims regarding payment of Travelling Allowance to the Staff promoted under cadre restructuring w.e.f. 0l/11/2013- case of North Western Railway-reg.
Ref: (i) GM(P)AJ.W. Rly’s letterNo.600E/Bills/HQ/NWREU/7/2015 dated 25/01/2016.
(ii) NFIR’s letter No. I/5(F) dated 01/03/2016.
(iii) Railway Board’s letter No. F(E)I/2016/AL-28/17 dated 22/04/2016.
On going through the reply sent by the Board vide letter dated 22/04/2016, Federation is disappointed to note that the issue raised by NFIR vide its letter dated 01/03/2016, has not been gone into thoroughly with reference to the rules on the subject lPara1202 of IREM Vol. I and Para 1602 (2) of IREC Vol. II] and the stipulations mentioned in the footnote where following provision has been made in case of late authorization/drawal of increments by the employees from retrospective effect.
“Note: In the case of late authorization/drawal of increments with retrospective effect, other than where increments were withheld or where the increments take an officer above the stage ‘ of efficiency bar, there is no objection to the supplementary claims relating to Travelling Allowance, if any being admitted, on the basis of the enhanced pay including the increments.”
These stipulations however have not been taken into account by the Board while sending negative reply to the Federation.
Incidentally, Federation desires to mention that the issue was raised by the General Secretary, NFIR in the PNM meeting held on 19th/20th May 2016 outside the agenda. It is also worth-mentioning that the benefit of cadre restructuring to be given effect from 0l/1112013 was actually granted after lot of delay due to various administrative reasons, therefore claims of staff for payment of Travelling Allowance at the enhanced rates effective from 01/11/2013 need to be considered as provided under the rules.
NFIR, therefore, requests the Railway Board to kindly review and issue suitable instructions to all Zones etc., on the subject. A copy of instructions issued may be endorsed to the Federation.
(Dr. M. Raghavaiah)
Copy to the General Secretaries of affiliated Unions of NFIR.
Related to Your Search:
- Grant of 2 additional increments at revised rates to Nursing Personnel pursuant of revision of pay (7th CPC)
- Revision of Over Time Allowance to Railway Employees consequent upon revision of pay scales and allowances
- Payment of Over Time arrears to the staff promoted to higher Grade Pay posts under cadre restructuring w.e.f. 01/11/2013
- NFIR: Revision of Over Time Allowance to Railway employees consequent upon revision of pay scales and allowances
- Non-grant of increments to medically decategorised running staff absorbed in stationary posts
- Illegal withdrawal of Family Planning Allowance – withdrawal of orders
- Grant of Transport Allowance at double the normal rates to the employees disabled due to accident on duty or off duty – reg
- Payment of Over Time arrears to the staff promoted to higher Grade Pay posts under cadre restructuring w.e.f 01.11.2013 – Case of AC Escorting staff of South western Railway
- Payment of difference in TA to the employees due to implementation of MACP Scheme