‘Grant of Child Care Leave without any reason’ – NFIR
‘This demand is not feasible for acceptance’ – Railway Board
Railway Board is answered to the demand on Child Care Leave from NFIR that ‘this demand is not feasible for acceptance’… We are providing here the content of the Railway Board letter to NFIR regarding the above subject for your information…
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA / BHARAT SARKAR
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS / RAIL MANTRALAYA
New Delhi, dated 17.12.2012
The General Secretary,
3, Chelmsford Road,
New Delhi – 110055.
All Indian Railways & Production Units
(As per mailing list)
Sub: Grant of Child Care Leave without any reason.
The undersigned is directed to refer to your letter No. 1/5(f) dated 14.11.2012 and to state that as per the extant instructions contained in Board’s letter dated 23.10.2008 and 12.12.2008, woman railway employees having minor children may be granted Child Care Leave by an authority competent to grant leave for a maximum period of two years (i.e.730 days) during their entire service for taking care of upto two children whether for rearing or to look after any of their needs like examination, sickness etc. and that Child Care Leave cannot be demanded as a matter of right.
Therefore, in order to enable the competent authority to decide on the application for CCL, reasons have to be mentioned and this condition cannot be dispensed with. Moreover, DOP&T has issued instructions in
this regard which have been adopted in toto for the female railway employees. In the circumstances, Ministry of Railways also cannot unilaterally alter the purpose for which Child Care Leave is introduced to female railway employees.
In light of this, the demand is not feasible for acceptance.
for Secretary, Railway Board.
Related to Your Search:
- Child Care Leave (CCL) – Railways
- Grant of Child Care Leave to Widower Male Employees
- CHILD CARE LEAVE : DOPT and FINMIN ORDERS
- Child care leave in BSNL: Central Government Employees News
- 7th Pay Commission Hospital Patient Care Allowance to Group ‘C’ &’D’ Railway employees working in Railway Hospitals
- Grant of Hospital Patient Care Allowance (HPCA) & Patient Care Allowance (PCA) to Group ‘C’ & ‘D’
- Grant of Hospital Patient Care Allowance (HPCA) & Patient Care Allowance (PCA) to Group ‘C’ & ‘D’ (non-ministerial) Railway employees working in Railway Hospitals & Health Units/Clinics.
- Grant of full sets of Post Retirement Complimentary Passes (PRCP) to staff retired in GP 1800
- Child Care Leave to Female Industrial Employees of Defence Establishments – Clarification order issued by Dopt