Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Child Care Allowance for Divyang Women
26 JUN 2019
Consequent upon implementation of the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission, the rates of special allowance for women with disabilities have been increased from Rs.1500 per month to Rs.3000 per month for child care which shall be payable from the time of child’s birth till the child is two years old. This special allowance shall be payable for a maximum of two eldest surviving children and would be automatically raised by 25% every time the Dearness Allowance on the revised pay structure goes up by 50%. It is effective from 1st July, 2017 and applicable to all Central Government disabled woman employees, irrespective of their place of posting.
This information was provided by the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North-Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh in written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission – implementation of decisions relating to Special Allowance for child care for women with disabilities
- FAQ on Special Allowance for child care for women with disability
- Alternative Arrangement in Place of Employees on Child Care Leave
- FAQ – Special Allowance for child care for women with disability
- Reservation in Promotion to Women Employees in Central Government services
- Employment of women and girls in Government organisations/Agencies
- Child Care Leave for Central Government male employees – Single male parent
- Number of women beneficiaries under Swadhar Greh Scheme rises to 17291
- No proposal to reduce retirement age of Government official below 60 years