CGHS facilities are not provided to persons working on contractual and co-terminus basis
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO: 1742
ANSWERED ON: 10.03.2017
Adhikari Dibyendu Will the Minister of
HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE be pleased to state:-
Will the Minister of HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE be pleased to state:
(a) whether the Government issues CGHS cards to all Central Government employees including the persons working on contractual and or co-terminus basis and if so, the details thereof; (b) whether the Government is not giving CGHS pensioner facilities to the person or families at the end of contract and termination of employment therefor;
(c) if not, the reasons behind thereof;
(d) the total number of cards that have been issued to the contractual and the coterminous employees drawing salary from the central exchequer during the last three years therein; and
(e) the proposal of the Government to facilitate them with one time/whole life CGHS pensioner cards therefor?
THE MINISTER OF STATE IN THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND
(SHRI FAGGAN SINGH KULASTE)
(a): CGHS Cards are issued to Central Government employees and employees on co-terminus basis who are residing in CGHS covered areas. CGHS facilities are not provided to persons working on contractual basis.
(b) & (c): CGHS facilities are not provided to the employees on the termination of employment on co-terminus basis since CGHS facilities are primarily meant for Central Government Employees/Pensioners drawing salary/pension from Central Civil Estimates.
(d): No separate category is maintained regarding co-terminus employees and therefore, this information cannot be provided.
(e): There is no such proposal.
Related to Your Search:
- Linking of CGHS Card number with Aadhaar is purely on a voluntary basis
- Issuing of CGHS plastic cards to CGHS beneficiaries
- CGHS – Reiteration of the guidelines issued regarding Credit facilities to serving employees
- Medical Facilities for Government Employees
- KVS: Extension of CGHS facilities to Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan retired employees
- Poor Condition of CGHS Dispensaries – Lok Sabha Q&A
- Renewal of CGHS plastic cards In Delhi NCR – regarding.
- CGHS: Cashless facility to CGHS Benficiaries
- Online transfer of CGHS Cards of serving employees on transfer from one CGHS Covered City to another CGHS Covered City