Government of India
Min. of Health & Family Welfare Department of Health
Directorate General of CGHS
545-A Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi.
Dated the 9th October , 2020
Subject: Clarification regarding treatment of CGHS beneficiaries at government hospitals – regarding
With reference to the above subject the undersigned is directed to state that this Ministry is in receipt of several representations seeking clarifications about treatment at government hospitals. In this regard attention is drawn to Office memorandum No. S-11012/1/91-CGHS(P) (Vol.I) dt 18.03.1992 vide which guidelines regarding settlement of Claims were issued and to convey the approval of competent authority for issue of the following clarifications regarding treatment at government hospitals:
- CGHS beneficiaries have the option to avail Consultation from Specialists/ Investigations / treatment procedures from any Government Hospital Central /State)
- The definition of “Government hospital” would include any hospital of Central Government /State Government/ Government Departments such as Railways. Atomic Energy Commission , etc. , as also hospitals of Public Sector Undertakings (such as those of the Steel Authority of India Limited/ Coal India Limited, hospitals under Municipalities etc.
- Normally, many services at government hospitals are free. However, in case any government hospital charges for certain treatments , the same can be availed by way of reimbursement from the authorities concerned as per CGHS approved rates.
- CGHS beneficiaries shall be eligible for reimbursement as per the ward entitlement he/ she is entitled as per the criteria prescribed in case of AIIMS . In other government hospitals, where only General ward and Nursing home facility are available, CGHS beneficiaries , who are eligible eligible for semi-private ward and higher are eligible for treatment in Nursing Home wards .
- Reimbursement for Implants shall be limited to CGHS prescribed ceiling rates. The other treatment charges are applicable item wise as per eligible ward entitlement.
- In case of treatment at ILBS , New Delhi , NIMS Hyderabad the reimbursement shall be as per CGHS rates.
- Medical claims are to be submitted through concerned CGHS Wellness Centre in case of Pensioners, ex-MPs , etc., and to the concerned Ministry / department / Office in case of serving employees and to the Rajya Sabha Secretariat / Lok Sabha Secretariat in case of Members of Parliament and to the concerned Autonomous body in case of CGHS beneficiaries of Autonomous Bodies for reimbursement.
Related to Your Search:
- Simplification of procedure for treatment at private hospitals empanelled under CGHS/CS (MA) Rules,1944
- ECHS Clarification: Reimbursement of Med Claim for Emergency Treatment in Non-Empanelled Hospital
- Guidelines for special provisions to CGHS beneficiaries aged 80 years and above
- ECHS Order: Guidelines on Oncology Treatment – Rates for Cancer Surgery for empanelled Hospital
- CGHS rates for COVID-19 treatment at private healthcare organizations empanelled under CGHS
- Revision of Ceiling Rates for Coronary Angioplasty and Coronary Angioplasty with Balloon for CGHS beneficiaries
- Grant of Advance for Cancer treatment in Non-Empanelled Private Hospitals / Private Nursing Home under CGHS / CS (MA) Rules
- CGHS Orders : Procedure for Referral to Recognized hospitals – No. S-11011/6/96-CGHS (P) dated 11/7/1997
- GUIDELINES FOR CGHS BENEFICIARIES – DAPWA