Central Pensioners : 37% are in the 60-70 age group
Age Analysis of Pensioners as on 01.01.2014 : Payment of additional pension/family pension with advancing age came into force based on recommendations of the VI CPC. This Commission, with a view to ascertain the strength in various age groups, called for information on age profile of pensioners and family pensioners. The data with regard to pensioners in terms of various age groups, as reported to the Commission, for the five categories of pensioners’ viz., Central Civil, Railways, Post, Defence (Civil) and Defence (Services) is as under:
# Others includes those below 60 years of age and those above 100 years.
@ Others under Central Civil additionally includes cases whose revision had not been effected, certain categories of pensioners like Judges of Supreme Court and High Courts, Ex-MPs, freedom fighters.
^ Railways have included those less than 60 years of age in the 60-70 age group.
From the table above it can be observed that of the total 51.96 lakh pensioners, 37 percent are in the 60-70 age group, about 26 percent each are in the 70-80 and ‘Others’ age group. The balance 11 percent are in the 80 plus category and thus entitled to enhanced pension based on advancing age.
The stacked bar graph brings out for each category of pensioners the break up in percentage terms of each age group viz., 60-70 years, 70-80 years, 80-90 years, 90-100 years and Others.
Railways have included those less than 60 years of age in the 60-70 age group
The graph above brings out the following:
i. Railways, in comparison to other categories have largest percentage of pensioners above the age of 80 years. While in all other categories this percentage is in the range of 7-9 percent, in the Railways it is 21 percent.
ii. Defence Services have a large percentage of personnel retiring at an early age, as is confirmed by the data. 57 percent of defence service pensioners fall in the ‘Others’ age group. Central Civil which also includes CAPFs has 25 percent in ‘Others’ age group.
Authority: 7th CPC Report
Related to Your Search:
- Strength of Central Government Pensioners as on 01.01.2014
- Demands Relating to Defence Pensioners : 7th CPC Report
- 7th Pay Commission – SBI Releases arrears for Veterans
- Interesting Statistics from the 7th Pay Commission Report – Part 2
- Defence – Budget 2018-19 – Allocate 12.10 percent of the total Central Government Expenditure
- Expected DA July 2017 for CG Employees and Pensioners
- 7th CPC Pension News : Separate orders will be issued to Armed Forces pensioners/family pensioners
- Message from Central Pension Accounting Office to Pensioners
- PERCENTAGE OF WOMEN EMPLOYEES IN RAILWAYS