Central Govt Employees, don’t need to file assets declaration in 2016
New Delhi: Central government employees need not to file a declaration of their assets and liabilities this year because the new rules under the Lokpal and Lokayuktas (Amendment) Act, 2016 are not ready yet.
So, the extension of deadline for submission of declaration of assets and liabilities till December 31 has become fruitless.
“The extension was given under the old Act of 2014, which is now redundant…We are in the process of drafting the final proforma which only will be valid,” an official in Ministry of Personnel said.
The Lokpal and Lokayuktas (Amendment) Act, 2016 says, “On and from date of commencement of this Act every public servant shall make a declaration of his assets and liabilities in such form and manner as may be prescribed.” Since the filing rules have not been firmed up, there is no requirement for filing of declarations by central government public servants, he added.
The government had extended the deadline of filing assets declaration for the fifth time since the Act came into force.
The Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) is consulting the law ministry over the final draft of the form for declaration of assets by public servants, so, no fresh deadline fixed yet.
The public servants will now not be required to provide the details of assets of their spouses and other dependents, according to the amendment of the Act, 2016.
Related to Your Search:
- Declaration of Assets and Liabilities by public servants under section 44 of the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 — filing of Returns by public servants – extension of last date – regarding
- Government employees need not file asset details under Lokpal for now
- Revised Rules for Declaration of Assets by Public Servants Under Provisions of the Lokpal Act
- Declaration of Assets and Liabilities by public servants extension of last date
- FILING ASSETS AND LIABILITIES IS MANDATORY FOR EVERY PUBLIC SERVANTS
- Dopt Notification – Addition of time limit for submission of Assest Declaration
- The Lokpal and Lokayktas Act, 2013 — Submission of declaration of assets and liabilities by the public servants
- Declaration of assets filing of Returns by public servants on or before 15.4.2016
- Public Servants (Furnishing of Information and Annual Return of Assets and Liabilities and the Limits for Exemption of Assets in Filing Returns) Rules, 2014