Central Government Special Recruitment Drive for SCs/STs
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Special Recruitment Drive for SCs/STs
21 NOV 2019
Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT) has issued general instructions to all Ministries/ Departments to constitute an In-House Committee for identification of backlog reserved vacancies, to study the root cause of such vacancies, to initiate measures to remove the factors causing such vacancies and to fill them up through Special Recruitment Drives. DoPT monitors the progress with regard to filling up of backlog reserved vacancies for Scheduled Castes (SCs), Scheduled Tribes (STs) and Other Backward Classes (OBCs) in ten Ministries/Departments, having more than 90% of the employees of Central Government.
As per the data provided by six Ministries/ Departments (which includes data relating to Public Sector Banks, Financial Institutions, Central Public Sector Undertakings etc.), as on 31.12.2017, out of 13968 backlog vacancies for SCs and 11040 backlog vacancies for STs, 6186 backlog vacancies for SCs and 4137 backlog vacancies for STs were filled up. As on 01.01.2018, 7782 backlog vacancies for SCs and 6903 backlog vacancies for STs remained unfilled.
Besides the above six, three more Ministries/ Departments have informed that as on 31.12.2018, out of 9624 backlog vacancies for SCs and 8659 backlog vacancies for STs, 7911 backlog vacancies for SCs and 6129 backlog vacancies for STs were filled up. As on 01.01.2019, 1713 backlog vacancies for SCs and 2530 backlog vacancies for STs remained unfilled.
This information was provided by the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North-Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh in written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Backlog reserved vacancies for SCs, STs and OBCs with ten Ministries and Departments
- To fill up the backlog reserved vacancies of the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and OBCs: Review of the Special Recruitment Drive launched
- Vacancies in OBC category
- Government Jobs: Details of vacancy position in Government Departments
- Government Sets up a Committee to Find Out the Reasons For Backlog in Filling up of Reserved Vacancies
- Backlog Vacancies – 19,676 backlog reserved vacancies of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes
- Promotional penalties for violation of reservation
- Group wise representation of Other Backward Classes (OBC) in Central Government Services as on 1.1.2011
- Reservation for Persons with Disabilities — Dopt Orders