Central Government Employees: No LTC in case of posting in home town
New Delhi: Employees who are posted in their home town cannot take Leave Travel Concession (LTC), the Centre has said.
“Government employees whose headquarters or place of posting and home town are one and the same are not eligible for home town LTC,” it said.
Besides, these employees cannot convert home town LTC to avail special concession scheme to travel to North East region, Jammu and Kashmir, and Andaman and Nicobar Islands, the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) said in its Office Memorandum No.31011 /4/2007-Estt.(A-IV) dated May 18.
However, government employees whose headquarters are Delhi and reside in cities or towns outside the national capital and falling in other states of National Capital Region (NCR) are eligible for home town concession, the order said.
Every new recruit in government service is required to declare his or her home town to avail the benefits of LTC.
The LTC allows grant of leave and ticket reimbursement to eligible central government employees to travel to their home towns.
However, the government has recently allowed employees to visit North-East region and Jammu and Kashmir, among others, in order to promote tourism and increase people-to-people contact.
Inputs with PTI
Related to Your Search:
- Central Civil Services (Leave Travel Concession) Rules, 1988- Clarification regarding eligibility of Home Town Concession- FAQ
- LTC – Will Air Travel Continue for the Next 2 Years?
- LTC entitlements of unmarried Government servants – Clarification on Conversion of Home Town LTC facility
- Relaxation for LTC travel by air to visit Jammu and Kashmir – Expected order from Dopt
- Availing of Home Town LTC for other places
- Avail LTC for the block 2014-2015 before it finally expires by December 2016
- LTC Rules 1988 – Relaxation to travel by air to visit North East Region
- DoPT: Central Civil Services (Leave Travel Concession) Rules, 1988 – Relaxation to travel by air to visit North East Region, Jammu & Kashmir and Andaman & Nicobar – extension beyond 25.09.2018.
- LTC facilities to the Civilian employees of the Central Government serving in States of the North-Eastern Region, Ladakh region of State of Jammu & Kashmir and in Union Territories of Andaman & Nicobar Island and Lakshadweep Group of Islands – Implementation of recommendations of 7th CPC