Central Government Employees need to improve punctuality
Cabinet Secretary Ajit Seth has asked Secretaries of all central departments to intensify the crackdown on government employees who are found to be “habitually late” in reaching office. Seth, in his July 31 missive, has specifically cited concerns expressed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in this regard.
Stating that the onus lies on the Secretaries to make the staff more work-oriented, the letter says that Modi has taken cognizance of some official reports which say that there has been no visible improvement in the ambience of the workplaces while “some officials have been habitually coming late” to work.
“In some departments, the ministers have noticed the laxity in this regard. The PM has expressed concern over these reports,” says the letter.
The government is waiting for the success of its drive to make its employees punctual, which can happen on “continued perseverance by every employee,” it says. Cautioning the Secretaries against any “slippages” in this regard, Seth has asked them to review the situation on a sustained basis.
At a meeting with the Secretaries in June also, Seth had emphasised the need to ensure punctuality and attendance.
Two Secretary level officers told The Indian Express that a Joint Secretary level officer has been informally deputed in each ministry to keep a check on attendance. Though the letter does not spell out the punitive action in case of continued poor attendance, it is learnt that the defaulters may have to take compulsory leave.
Source: [http://indianexpress.com/article/india/politics/cab-secy-tells-secys-to-crack-whip-on-habitual-latecomers/] #Cabinet Secretary, #central government employees, #Narendra Modi
Related to Your Search:
- Attendance tracking website for all central government employees
- No Holiday on October 2 for Central Government Employees
- Narendra Modi likes to communicate his Independence Day speech directly to Central Govt Employees by mail and messages.
- NARENDRA MODI MOBILE APP – LAUNCHED BY PMO
- Central Government approved to set up Empowered Committee to process the recommendations of 7th Pay Commission
- 7th Pay Commission: From August 1 government employees will get hiked salaries
- AADHAR enabled Bio-Metric Attendance System – Dopt Notification on 28.1.2015
- 7th Pay Commission: Will PM Narendra Modi give green signal for arrears on allowances?
- Seventh Pay Commission: Good News! PMO orders to speed up process; notification soon