Central Government Employees Group Insurance Scheme 1980 – Tables of Benefits for the savings fund for the period 01.07.2019-30.09.2019
No. 7(2) / EV / 2016
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
New Delhi, the 13th August, 2019
Sub: Central Government Employees Group Insurance Scheme 1980 – Tables of Benefits for the savings fund for the period from 01.07.2019 to 30.09.2019.
The Tables of Benefits for Savings Fund to the beneficiaries under the Central Government Employees Group Insurance Scheme-1980, which are being issued on a quarterly basis from 01.01.2017 onwards, as brought out in this Ministry’s OM of even number dated 17.03.2017, for the quarter from 01 .07.2019 to 30.09.2019, as worked out by IRDA based on the interest rate of 7.9% per annum (compounded quarterly) as notified by the Department of Economic Affairs as per their Resolution No. 5(2)-B(PD)/ 2019 dated 12.07.2019, are enclosed.
2. The Tables enclosed are of two categories as per the existing practice. As hitherto, the first Table of Benefits for the savings fund of the scheme is based on the subscription of Rs.10 p.m. from 1.1.1982 to 31.12.1989 and RS.15 p.m. w.e.f. 1.1.1990 onwards. The second Table of Benefits for savings fund is based on a subscription of Rs.10 p.m. for those employees who had opted out of the revised rate of subscription w.e.f. 1.1.1990.
3. While these orders are in respect of Table of Benefits for the period from 01 .07.2019 to 30.09.2019, the Tables already issued for the first quarter and second quarter i.e. for the period 01 .01.2019 to 30.06.2019 are also reproduced for the sake of convenience and consolidation.
4. In their application to the employees of Indian Audit and Accounts Department, these orders are issued after consultation with the Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
5. Hindi version of these orders is attached.
(Amar Nath Singh)
- All Ministries/ Department of the Central Government as per standard list.
- Copy with spare copies for information and necessary action to C&AG, UPSC, all State Government etc. as per standard list.