(3). Out of 30.99 lakh regular employees, 3.11 lakh were women.
|Category of employees||Number of employees as on 31st March||Increase/Decrease
EMPLOYMENT UNDER VARIOUS MINISTRIES
2.2 The distribution of regular employees in major Ministries is given in Table-2:
REGULAR CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYMENT IN MAJOR MINISTRIES AS ON 31ST MARCH, 2009
|S.No.||Ministry||Number of regular employees||% age to the total|
|1.||Communication & IT||218788||7.06|
These five Ministries taken together accounted for 91% of the total Central Government employment. The residual employment (about 9%) was shared by all the remaining Ministries/Departments of the Central Government.
|S.No.||Ministry||Women employment as on 31st March, 2009|
|Number||% age share|
|1.||Communication & IT||34525||15.78|
It may be observed from Table-3 that participation of women was highest in Ministry of Communications & IT(15.78%) whereas participation of women in Ministry of Railways is quite low (6.43%) as compared to overall women participation in Central Government employment. Ministry of Defence (civilian) has fair share of women employment i.e. 10.79%. The participation of women shared by rest of the Ministries/Departments was of the order of 13.11%.
Related to Your Search:
- Railway and Indian Army among Top 10 Biggest Employers in the World as per World Economic Forum – Combined Strength of Central Government Employees (including Railways) of 30.84 lakh (3.84 Million) ignored in this report
- PERCENTAGE OF WOMEN EMPLOYEES IN RAILWAYS
- Annual Report on Pay & Allowances for Central Government Employees – Finance Ministry
- Department of Expenditure’s Annual Report on Pay and Allowances for Civilian Employees in the Central Government for the Fiscal Year 2018-19
- 3.37 lakh women employees in central government
- Strength of Central Government Pensioners as on 01.01.2014
- Latest Census of Group wise Central Government Employees
- No ban on recruitment in Central Government
- Demand to calculate House Rent Allowance based on Census 2011 should gain prominence..!