CCS (Conduct) Rules – Filing of annual Immovable Property Returns – Dopt Orders 2015
F. No. 11013/3/2014-Estt.(A)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi — 110001
Dated January 16 , 2015
Subject: Central Civil Services (Conduct) Rules, 1964 — Filing of annual Immovable Property Returns – regarding
The undersigned is directed to state that as per various notifications issued by this Department, relating to the Public Servants (Furnishing of Information and Annual Returns of Assets and Liabilities and the Limits for Exemption of Assets in Filing Returns) under the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013, the public servant who has filed declaration, information and annual returns of property under the provision of the rules applicable to such public servant, should file the declaration, information and return indicating his/her assets and liabilities, as on 01.08.2014, to the competent authority on or before, 30.04.2015. The notifications are available on the Department’s website at http://persmin.gov.in/Lokpal HomePage From CCIS.asp.
2. The Central Civil Services (Conduct) Rules, 1964, are being amended to align them with the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013. Presently, as per the Rule 18(1)(ii) of the Central Civil Services (Conduct) Rules, 1964, every Government servant belonging to any service or holding any post included in Group ‘A’ and Group ‘B’ is required to submit an annual return regarding the immovable property inherited/owned/ acquired/ held on lease or mortgage either in his own name or in the name of any family member or in the name of any other person.
3. It has, inter-alia, been clarified by this Department vide Office Memorandum No. 407/12/2014-AVD-IV(B) dated 13.01.2015 that the requirement of filing returns regarding assets and liabilities under the Lokpal Act is in addition to, and not in supersession of the requirement of filing similar returns under the existing Conduct Rules. In view of this, all Government Servants may be directed as follows:
(i) The annual Immovable Property Return, as on 31.12.2014, under the existing CCS(Conduct) Rules, 1964 is required to be filed on or before 31.01.2015;
(ii) The first return under the Lokpal Act (as on 01.08.2014) should be filed on or before 30.04.2015; and
(iii) The next annual return under the Lokpal Act, for the year ending 31.03.2015 should be filed on or before 31.07.2015.
4. It is, therefore, requested that all concerned may be suitably advised to file the Immovable Property Returns (IPRs) and the return under the Lokpal Act as per the dates indicated above, Further, in accordance with the instruction contained in this Department’s Office Memorandum No. 11013/3/2011-Estt.A dated 11.04.2011, IPRs (to be submitted by 31 st January of each year) shall be placed in public domain by 31 st March of that year. A compliance report in respect of the IPRs filed by Group ‘A’ Officers of the Central Civil Services, as on 31.01.2015, may please be furnished to this Department by 30.04.2015.
5. Similar action may kindly be taken by the authorities controlling services not covered by the Central Civil Services (Conduct) Rules, 1964.
6. Hindi version will follow.
Telefax: 2309 3179
Related to Your Search:
- Dopt orders Feb 2015: Submission of declaration of assets and liabilities by the public servants for each year
- Central Civil Services (Conduct) Rules, 1964 and the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 – Submission of Declaration of Assets and Liabilities by the Public Servant for each year – Regarding
- Clarification regarding formats to be used for filing property returns by CG Employees
- Dopt clarification orders regarding declaration of Assets and Liabilities by public servants under section 44 of the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013
- Central government employees asked to file Lokpal property returns after office hours, on holidays
- Government servant to submit a statement of movable or immovable property – Dopt Orders on 5.1.2016
- Declaration of Assets and Liabilities by public servants under section 44 of the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 — filing of Returns by public servants – extension of last date – regarding
- Last date for submission of annual returns on or before 15.10.2015 – Dopt Notification on 3.7.2015
- Dopt orders on submission of Assets and Liabilities Declaration under Lokpal & Lokayuktas Act 2013 by Public Servants