Cash withdrawal from ATMs – Enhancement of daily limits (Rs.2500 to Rs.4500)
DCM (Plg) No. 2142/10.27.00/2016-17
December 30, 2016
The Chairman / Managing Director/ Chief Executive Officer,
Public Sector Banks/ Private Sector Banks / Foreign Banks/
Regional Rural Banks / Urban Cooperative Banks/ State Cooperative Banks
District central Cooperative Banks
Cash withdrawal from ATMs – Enhancement of daily limits
Please refer to our circular DCM (Plg) No. 1424/10.27.00/2016-17 dated November 25, 2016 on “Withdrawal of cash from bank deposit account – Relaxation”.
2. On a review of the position, the daily limit of withdrawal from ATMs has been increased (within the overall weekly limits specified) with effect from January 01, 2017, from the existing Rs. 2500/- to Rs. 4500/- per day per card. There is no change in weekly withdrawal limits.Such disbursals should predominantly be in the denomination of Rs.500.
3. The relaxation of withdrawal limits as enabled by our circular DCM (Plg) No. 1437/10.27.00/2016-17 dated November 28, 2016 remains unchanged.
4. Please acknowledge receipt.
(P Vijaya Kumar)
Chief General Manager
Related to Your Search:
- Withdrawal of Cash from Bank account per week – RBI Instructions on 25.11.2016
- ATM Withdrawal increased to Rs.10000 per day per card – RBI Notification issued on 16.1.2017
- Relaxation on withdrawal of cash from bank deposit accounts – RBI Instructions on 28.11.2016
- RBI Circular: No Limit for Cash Withdrawal from ATMs from February 1
- Reserve Bank: Limit on Cash Withdrawals from SB Accounts raised to Rs.50, 000 per week
- No Limits on Cash Withdrawal from Savings Accounts from Today
- Withdrawal of Legal Tender Character of existing Rs.500/- and Rs.1000/- Specified Bank Notes (SBNs) – Cash withdrawal for purpose of celebration of wedding
- Highlights: Finance Ministry reviewd the position regarding availability and distribution of all denomination of bank notes
- Central government starts paying salaries in cash to Group C employees