Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
Office of Controller General of Accounts
Mahalekha Niyantrak Bhawan
E-Block, GPO Complex, INA,
Subject: Calculation of taxable interest relating to contribution in a provident fund, exceeding specified limit w.e.f F.Y 2021-22 -reg.
In pursuance of the notification issued by Department of Revenue (CBDT) dated 31st August, 2021, the interest relating to contribution in a provident fund or recognized provided fund, exceeding specified limit of Rs. five lakh in case of employee where GPF is applicable shall be part of taxable income of the subscriber w.ef. Financial year 2021-22 onwards.
2. In view of the aforesaid decision, the respective GPF ledger folio maintained as per CAM-47 & the Annual GPF statement in form CAM-49 respectively with required changes to this effect needs to prepare by PAOs in respective nodal offices in the revised format enclosed with retrospective effect from 01.04.2021 onwards. The same are also made available to ITD for development in PFMS. The necessary amendments in chapter 6 of the Civil Account Manual (CAM) will be issued separately.
3. All the Pr.CCAs/CCAs/CAS(IC) in the Ministries/Departments are required to instruct nodal offices under their control to prepare GPF ledger & Annual statement to be issued to subscribers in the format enclosed.
Encl: As above.
(Ashish Kumar Singh)
Dy. Controller General of Accounts
All Pr. CCAs/CCAs/CAs (IC) of the Ministries/ Deptts. concerned.
Related to Your Search:
- Deduction of Income Tax on interest of GPF subscription over Rs. 5 Lakhs
- Pension- Contributory Pension Scheme- Employees contribution and Government contribution- Enhancement of rate of interest at the rate of 8.6% – Orders
- Provident Fund : Revised rate of interest – with regard to Staff Provident Fund in EPFO
- General Provident Fund interest rate of 7.9% (Seven point nine percent) w.e.f. 1st October, 2019 to 31st December
- General Provident Fund (Tamilnadu) : Rate of interest for the period 01.01.2017 to 31.03.2017
- General Provident Fund Interest Rate 8.7% for 2015-16
- PF(Provident Fund) Interest Rate 8.75%
- NPS related activities while conducting Internal Audit of PAOs/ CDDOs / Autonomous Bodies
- Government reduces interest rate on GPF to 8 percent