The periodic review of the cadre structure of Group ‘A’ Central Services is one of the key functions of the DoPT. The cadre review occurs every five years.
F. No. I. 11019/4/2021-CRD
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
(Cadre Review Division)
3 Floor, Lok Nayak Bhavan,
Khan Market, New Delhi-110003.
Dated 17 March 2021.
Subject: Cadre review of ‘B’, ‘C’ and erstwhile ‘D’ Groups – regarding.
Department of Personnel & Training is the nodal department for personnel policies. While the responsibility for laying down standards in Cadre Management along with cordinations, rests with this Department, it is primarily the responsibility of the Cadre Controlling Authority (CCA) to undertake the Cadre Management of the Services/cadres under their control.
2. One of the important functions of DoPT is the periodic review of the cadre structure of Group ‘A’ Central Services. The ideal periodicity of cadre review is 5 years. However, the function of the review of the Group ‘B’/‘C’ and erstwhile ‘D’ was delegated by DoPT vide OM No. 2/1/1987 dated 23.11.1987 to the respective CCA with prescribed guidelines (copy enclosed).
3. In order to streamline the cadre review within the stipulated period, and for facilitating the pending cadre reviews, a Calendar for cadre review of Central Group ‘A’ Services was issued on 12.02.2021. Besides adhering to the prescribed timeline for Group ‘A’ Central Services, CCAs are also requested to undertake timely cadre review of Group “B’ and ‘C” cadres, wherever due, as per the existing guidelines, in consultation with Department of Expenditure.
4. An action taken report/status report of the cadre review(s) under the Ministry/Department may kindly be forwarded to this Department by 30.04.2021.
Encl: As above
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Related to Your Search:
- DoPT Orders 2019 – Calendar for Cadre Review of Central Group ‘A’ Services
- Calendar 2021 for Cadre Review of Pending Services Central Group ‘A’ Services dated Feb 12, 2021
- Periodic Review of Central Government Employees under FR 56(j)/(I) and Rule 48 of CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972
- Strengthening of administration Periodic review of Central Government Employees under Fundamental Rule (FR) 56(j)/(l) and Rule 48 of CCS (pension) Rules, 1972
- Cabinet approves Cadre review of Posts & Telegraphs Building Works Service Group A
- Periodic review of Central Government Employees under FR 56(j) and Rule 48 of CCS Pension Rules, 1972 – Strengthening of Administration
- Provision of reserve posts in Organized Group A Central Services – Clarification reg
- Cadre Review of Barrack and Stores Cadre – MoD Orders
- Latest DoPT Orders 2020 – Update list of Central Government Cadre Controlling Authorities