Cabinet approves Productivity Linked Bonus for Railway Employees Payment before Dussehra/Puja Festival season Incentive to Improve Productivity and Efficiency of Railways
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval to pay Productivity Linked Bonus (PLB) equivalent to 78 days wages to eligible non-gazetted railway employees (excluding RPF/RPSF personnel) for the financial year 2016-17. About 12.30 lakh non-gazetted Railway employees are likely to benefit from the decision. This payment will be made before Dussehra/Puja holidays, bringing a smile to lakhs of families ahead of the festive season.
The payment of PLB would serve as an incentive, and result in motivating a large number of Railway employees, particularly those involved in execution and operations of railways, to improve their productivity and ensure safety, speed and service for Railway customers. Indian Railways operates on the principle of maximum public welfare, and in this context, this bonus payment will help in improving accountability and efficiency in railways operations.
The financial implication of payment of 78 days’ PLB to railway employees has been estimated to be Rs. 2,245.45 crores. The wage calculation ceiling prescribed for payment of PLB is Rs. 7,000/- p.m. The maximum amount payable per eligible railway employee is Rs. 17,951 for 78 days.
Related to Your Search:
- Cabinet approves Productivity Linked Bonus to railway employees
- Cabinet approves Productivity Linked Bonus for Railway Employees
- Bonus 2015 : Cabinet approved 78 Days for Railway Employees
- Railway Bonus Order: Payment of Productivity Linked Bonus(PLB) to all non-gazetted Railway employees for the Financial Year 2017-18
- Payment of Productivity Linked Bonus to all eligible non-gazetted Railway employees for the financial year 2016-2017
- Bonus for Central Para Military Forces and Armed Forces for 2018-2019
- Cabinet approved Payment of PLB to railway employees for the FY 2018-19 – PIB
- Payment of Productivity Linked Bonus to all eligible non-gazetted Railway employees for the financial year 2011-2012
- 78 Days’ PL Bonus to Railway Employees (Rs. 8975) – Cabinet Approval