Cabinet approves conferment of Central Group ‘A’ Service and Cadre Review of Group ‘A’ Executive Officers of Sashastra Seema Bal
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved conferment of Central Group ‘A’ Service and Cadre. Review of Group ‘A’ Executive Officers of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) with net creation of 19 posts of various ranks from Assistant Commandant to Inspector General ranks to enhance the operational and administrative capabilities of SSB.
Increase of existing structure of Group ‘A’ posts from 1253 to 1272 posts are as follows:
- Increase of 2 posts of Inspector General (SAG level).
- Net increase of 11 posts of DIG /Commandant (JAG level)
- Increase of 2 posts of DC (STS level).
- Increase of 4 posts of AC (JTS level).
The SSB was set up in 1963 to inculcate a sense of security, promoting national awareness and security consciousness in the border population. After transfer to MHA in 2001, it has been entrusted to guard Indo-Nepal and Indo-Bhutan Borders. SSB also deployed in LWE affected areas and Counter Intelligence/Operations duties in Jammu & Kashmir and Assam. The present sanctioned strength of the Force is 96,093 having 73 Bns (including 2 NDRF Battalions). Earlier augmentation-cum-structuring exercises were taken in 2005, 2010 and 2011.
Related to Your Search:
- Cabinet approves Cadre Review of Group ‘A’ Executive Officers of Border Security Force
- Cabinet approves Cadre review of Group ‘A’ Executive Cadre of Central Industrial Security Force
- 7th CPC recommends higher grade pay for Sub Inspectors and Inspectors of CBI
- Central Government Employees News – Status of Cadre Review Proposals as on 31.05.2019 – DoPT Order 2019
- Cadre Review of Post & Telegraphs Building Works Service Group A: DoT
- Cabinet gives ex-post facto approval to the cadre review of Indian Postal Service (IPoS)
- Status of Cadre Review proposals processed in DoPT from 1st January, 2011 to 30th June, 2017 (as on 6th July, 2017)
- DoPT Orders 2020: Status of Cadre Review Proposals as on 31.12.2019
- IT Cadre Restructuring – Distribution of Posts for Group “B” & “C” [other than IRS] Posts